HybridZ

What did you do to your Z today?

Racer Z

Completely disassembled my wipers, sanded the shafts, rebuilt/regreased the linkage, converted to a Honda wiper motor, and rewired the wipers  after ditching the wipers, delay unit, etc. years ago. They now work as good as any modern cars wipers, or at least as good as the 1996 Accord where I sourced the motor.

Added a quart of oil. Again. This thing drinks oil, I need to fix that. I also checked all 6 plugs (fouled), cleaned them up, adjusted the timing, and now she runs and pulls harder than ever. It's still slow as all hell because it's a 2.4, but it runs a lot smoother. 

Tricked my wife into cleaning up the garage where I work on my Z and found a local machine shop to take my block to get it cleaned, refreshed w/new rings and bearings. Hopefully by summer I can be driving it again...not looking forward to converting the L28ET harness to work in my 73!!!!! Everything else on the turbo swap I can complete at my level of wrenching.

Edited by daddydonuts

Fixed it! :D

I started tuning my Holley over the weekend, and a gasket went bad, causing it to pour fuel onto my headers. They came in the mail today, and I retuned the idle mixture and floats, and now she screams louder than ever! Such a hassle for a minuscule gasket, but at least it's fixed.