HybridZ

What did you do to your Z today?

Racer Z

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well guy's after Xnke and i installed a rather frumpy delta cam a few month's back my zxt no longer had the fuel to run the boost i have grown accustom to (14-15 psi) that i was running with the maxima cam. After all these month's of 9 psi i made it to xnke's garage last night to get one of his beautiful fuel rail's with built in regulator. While doing so i got rid of all my cheap fuel line and replaced it all with 10 bar efi 5/16 hose and efi clamps. Now running 44 psi at idle and boost back up to 15 psi ( for now) the car runs smoother than it ever has and i now have my power back to do third gear burnouts and roll stripes of fire from 50 mph whhooooo the red rocket is back!!!! I have not gotten to shot any pics of my regulator setup but i will soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Got new tires, falken zr912 in 225-50-r15. Removed wheel center caps, installed steel valve stems. Installed 90deg oil filter adapter. Replaced oil cooler lines with carbon wrap over stainless wrapped hose with 10an lines on the cooler. Oil change. Drive shaft mounting hardware check. Added denatured alcohol to the water spray kit, went for drive!!!!

post-1621-0-74507700-1396402716_thumb.jpgpost-1621-0-68670600-1396402733_thumb.jpgpost-1621-0-95433900-1396402751_thumb.jpg

Edited by 280zex

pulled flat tops off, sprayed brake cleaner through all the hard fuel lines. Nothing dirty came out, not bad with 28 yr old gas.

Last week I went through the brakes and clutch lines. Cleaned all masters and reservoirs, rebuilt rear brake cylinders and bled the brakes, new fluid throughout.

Car has been parked for 28 yrs and still has original paint.

photo2_zps53e65763.jpg