HybridZ

What did you do to your Z today?

Racer Z

Took her out to a local car meet last night and then decided to drive her to work today... parked next to the CEO's Aston...maybe he'll trade for a day or three?

IMG_20120510_134231.jpg

....Or maybe he`ll offer to buy it.

Worked on a rear disk brake upgrade. Built a prototype bracket out of wood. Fitted a Mercedes caliper with a 300zx (4 bolt) rotor on our 73 240z. After several adjustments we got it fitted correctly. Soon I will machine a pair of brackets. Sorry, no pics yet. Will do a full write-up with details after a test drive.

Finished stripping it down to the long block...... All Turbo Tom kit is gone, for sale..... I am going a different route. Still a L24 block, E31 head, with lots of work to both. Now if I can get it back together before the end of the summer I will be in good shape......

Today I pushed my 71 outside to stare at it in total disappointment bring that my killer suspension set up off of a late model 260 I got didn't work at all. Managed to push it around the yard a couple times then push it back in and close the door. Also bead blasted some jazz. N

Drove her to work for the first time (legally) today. Found out she leaks through the windshield, and runs a tad lean on slight accel. Otherwise i'm pretty pleased.

Gonna fish out those z32 seats from my basement later, and tune the afm further.

Went to swap in a welded 3.9 rear end only to find out I did not have the right sized socket to change out the input bearing (where the dS attaches). While re-installing it I noticed my rear strut insulators pulled through. I re-installed the stock 3.54 and now I am having a clunking noise each time I try driving it. (yes I made sure it was good on fluid and all the bolts tightened. So another reason toe get it sold...

Finished machining my new rear brake caliper brackets. Still need to install the steel thread inserts. Maybe Sunday we can remove the stock brakes and install the Mercedes brakes. Won't be able to test drive it though, no motor.

Donated about 5 gallons of blood to the local mosquito population trying to get an instrument rheostat from under the dash of a junkyard 240z. Very itchy now, but I won the prize. Hope it works???? Thankfully, no wasps.

Edited by RebekahsZ

Cleaned my garage so I could fit my Z in it!! wooot. It has not been this clean since I bought this house!

photobucket-12459-1342985677467.jpg

Very nice.

Last night i welded in a straight 15" long glasspack. Barely fit in the fender, but it's just what the doctor ordered. Needs some cosmetic adjustment, but then again, the whole car does. Ran outa shielding gas AND steel wire, so i had to make do with the flux core stuff. Welded right up though, no problems, and the tone is just how i like it.