HybridZ

What did you do to your Z today?

Racer Z

Changed my sparkplugs yesterday, went from NGK R's to NGK iridiums. Car is much smoother on idle/accel/decel but doesn't seem to have as much punch? I don't know if that makes any sense...

Going to hit the 1/4 track today hopefully I'll have some vids to share afterwards.

Edited by sito

Not today but yesterday.

Swapped out my 7/10 Clutch master (would not disengage the clutch on my T56) for a 3/4 that my buddy had, surprisingly that extra .05" made all the difference. I also got my false floor made with some aluminum, that i riveted in and seam sealed to keep the fumes out of the back of the car., kinda looks like ****, but it will work just fine...

First REAL drive (i.e further than the 1/8th mile down my street and back) of my Z since October. Terrifyingly, one of my wheels was loose, but i caught it and got it tightened up before any damage could occur..

Holy **** this thing is fast, i got on it from 2k-4500 in second and scurred me. Keep in mind this is with a very poor tune as well, since my FAST EzEFI still needs time to learn and make Air Fuel adjustments.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5439/73w.mp4

Also now that shes being a good girl she gets the street parking again, my cobra is filthy...

Edited by Fuzzydicerule

Drove the zx around the garage complex. Wondering if i'm breaking one wheel loose in second, or if it's my clutch.

Another flogging should reveal the culprit. ;)

To check for clutch slip, put it in high gear and do a roll-on with full throttle, in a straight line. Clearly it's more fun to do it in second gear circles, but you will get false answers that way.

The ole external voltage regulator spit the bit today.

Ordered my 60 amp/IR solid state....gotta wait til she arrives.

damn you California for being 5 day shipping!!!!

Other than that, car runs great when she's got the juice.

Funny how that works out.

installed the alternator today.

14.5+ amps at an idle baby!

evened out every little stumble at an idle.

She's driving again!

Thats the plan, but this car isnt yet registered, so i take it out very sparingly, and the distance from one end of the complex to the next makes it so i'm just hitting ~2.8k on the tach in third before i have to hit the brakes.

Decided to tempt fate. Just feels like its losing power a bit around 6k, clutch is hanging in there though :)

Anyone got an hx35? ;)

Just bought 4 brand new wheels+tires

Discount Tire direct is having a pretty awesome sale right now. $100 rebate on any 4 wheels or tires (If you order both wheels and tires you get $200 rebate from DTD)

I got 16" konig rewinds in graphite/gunmetal and Hankook ventus v12 225/50 16 tires. (The hankooks also have an additional $80 rebate which is stackable with the DTD rebates)

Heres the break down...

(Apoligies for the copy and paste, I just posted this on Slickdeals, deals website I frequent alot)

(slickdeals thread http://slickdeals.net/f/4793704-Discount-Tire-or-Discount-Tire-Direct-100-Rebate-w-Online-or-In-store-Purchase-Of-Any-4-Tires-or-4-Wheels-Installed-Free-Shipping?)

Just called DTD, for the Hanook v12's you CAN double dip on the rebates. I spoke with CSR rep Danny and he gladly setup the rebates for me.

4 hankook v12's with 2 rebates of $180 off!!! WOOT!

I also got new wheels

4 Konig rewind $500 (Qualifies for $100 DTD rebate)

4 Hankook v12's $396 (Qualifies for $100 DTD rebate and $80 hankook rebate)

Valvestems $12

Tires Insurance $40 (Insurance for the lifetime of the tire, blowouts, nails etc are all covered)

Grand total $948 and after $280 in rebates it goes down to $668 for 4 installed, balanced wheels+tires shipped to my door with warranty. I just have to mount them on my car...

Slick Slick deal...

For those who are thinking of new wheels don't miss out on this. The hankook manufacturer rebate ends today and is worth $80.