HybridZ

TIRES TIRES TIRES

Looken to get a set of new tires. Will be 245's on a 16' rim. What are you all having luck with? Like being able to put the power down? I have a Ls1 swap and I'm looking to get something that will hook up good on the street.Any input on this would be awesome. Goods bad. Thanks!

Toyo Proxes R888. Things hook like crazy. With a 245 wide tire it'll be hard to find anything. Your other choice is the nitto NT555R which is again another streetable track tire. 

As for the Fuzions, they're crap. They perform more like an all season performance tire and they are labeled as a summer performance tire. They are cheap, I'll give em that. 

Meant to say "if you don't want 50 sidewall."

@Rebekah, they came out with Dunlop z2 225 45 16 just this year.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Direzza+ZII&partnum=245WR6Z2

I will be running these on front on 9" wide wheel. Later down the road will run on all 4 and stretch the rear on 9.5". I've heard and read great reviews on the z1.

Lots of guys were running Dunlop Durezza Z2 "star specs" at my last autocross and were kicking butt. I may be misspelling that. That will be my next street tire.

They dont have much for a 16" rim...205's...I see rotas ahead of me lol.

The reviews I'm hearing on the Z2 are better than even the Z1.  I've got a buddy running 225/50/16 Z1s.  That tire rack tire search tool can be hard to work.  I think there is some kind of back-door to find what you want.

Go to - tires - "shop by size" Then clear brands on the left and pick Dunlop.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?customSizeSearch=&width=255%2F&ratio=40&diameter=17

Edited by Chris Duncan

Dunlop Z2

BFG Rival

Bridgestone RE-11A

Hankook RS3

Toyo R1R

I LOVE the Rivals, they are an amazing tire, but I have no experience in a high powered car on them. I drove an NB Miata with them.

I have 225/50r16's on my car now, my next tires will be 225/45's, I think the 50's are too tall.

I've had excellent luck with Sumitomo's HTRZ3.  Ran them on my 670BHP Monster Porsche Turbo, My GT3 and will be putting them on my Mustang GT (All mentioned were daily driver use tires that saw light track duty).  The HTR Z2s are nearly as good for a street tire.http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+Z+II

If you're not driving the car in the rain, I'd recommend Nitto NT01s.  They're amazing and predictable.   http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/tires/nitto/product/submitProductSize.do?pc=40304&tmn=NT-01&typ=Passenger%2FPerformance    I've got a set I'll be running on the Zcar once my Hoosiers cook off.

The latest edition of GRM had an excellent review on the BFG Rival and they claimed it is in a class all its own above Dunlop and the others mentions... Highly recommend checking that article out.  Their lap times were impressive and the gap to number 2 said it all. 

Edited by Mikelly

Yes. A mazdaspeed miata was fast time of day on them and an unmodified 240z smoked me with a set of them. I'm sure better driving was a factor too. Looks like a good price for that much tire. If you have a true zero offset wheel, you should have no trouble mounting 225s. That is 9" of tread.

• 3 weeks later...