HybridZ

ATE Super Blue brake fluid discontinued??

I just attempted to order some more ATE Super Blue, which I alternate with Motul RBF 600, and I found lots of posts about it being discontinued because it was.....blue.

Can anybody confirm this?  So what is a racer to do in order to confirm a 100% fluid flush?  Suggestions welcome.  Any other good quality fluids available in any color other than amber?

I just don't get it:  I can kill my child, marry my neighbor's brother, quit work, lay around and get others to pay for my weed, but I can't freakin' have blue brake fluid-what's next?!

I recently heard about this, what a shame. Just recently ordered a couple quarts from autopartsway.ca. Do tracks require a DOT rating for brake fluid? I would imagine it would sell just fine without a DOT rating, unless it's a requirement to actually race. Perhaps they should just sell it as something other than brake fluid...paint stripper?

Can anybody confirm this?  So what is a racer to do in order to confirm a 100% fluid flush?  Suggestions welcome.  Any other good quality fluids available in any color other than amber?

Waste a bit of fluid with a few more pumps on the pedal. I usually do 10 pumps per corner. Might be overkill, but brake fluid really isn't that expensive in the long run.

JMortensen:  Good advice.  I had no idea how much it takes to clear the cylinder and the line-that's why I liked alternating colors.  The first wheel always takes the longest, then just a squirt for the second wheel.  Do you put a syringe in your reservoir to get all the old stuff out first?

Have I told you "thanks" lately for my shortened axles?  Still beating on them!  Pulled them last night for the brake conversion and it was a snap.

JMortensen:  Good advice.  I had no idea how much it takes to clear the cylinder and the line-that's why I liked alternating colors.  The first wheel always takes the longest, then just a squirt for the second wheel.  Do you put a syringe in your reservoir to get all the old stuff out first?

Have I told you "thanks" lately for my shortened axles?  Still beating on them!  Pulled them last night for the brake conversion and it was a snap.

Yes I suck the old fluid out of the master first, then bleed. The first wheel in front or back will evacuate the hard line up to the T, so you're right, the second one shouldn't need as much fluid to clear it out. I'm sure 10 pumps is enough. If you have blue in the master now, you can verify that for your particular brake setup.

Glad you're enjoying those axles.