HybridZ

Just starting my ls1/t56 build!

The big stuff is the really gratifying stuff that goes fast and makes huge differences.  The little stuff is what matters and takes the most time.  Stuff like wiring the engine looks like nothing has changed but paying attention to the details make a big difference in the end.  In short do not get impatient.  You have done a great job so far no need to rush it now.  Richard. 

This is a list of things I still need to buy.. I think

muffler - 120?

extra 3in flanges to make exhaust in pieces vs one huge thing. - 50?

O2 sensors - 48?

JTR intake kit  - 75

radiator hoses - ??

heater hoses - ??

transmission insulation - ??

firewall insulation - 190 (if I buy original)

truck bed liner for under the car - 60

gauges.... :(  - 900 from speedhut

transmission fluid - 40

new oil filter and oil - 60

dot 3 brake fluid to fill clutch and brake lines - 15

I've found that rockauto is hard to beat for small parts (sensors, plugs, etc) but shipping eats up the savings on bigger/heavier stuff.

I think I have about $750 in my Autometer gauges but a good chunk of that was the GPS speedo. I didn't have a really good handle on how to interface/calibrate the speedo to the trans and wanted a plug n play for once! The Speedhuts look really nice though

cable x which is 330 vs 369 for speedhuts gps speedo... not much savings compared to getting a brand new gauge that's way better... I'm thinking on getting a speedhut tach/speedo and the 3 gauge pillar from autozone for temp means until I get more cash.

autozone sells 3 black autometer gauge kit.. includes water temp, oil pressure and volt gauge for like 80 bucks.

Rain didn't start till late last night so I had a nice window to work on the Z. Got my passenger rear seat bracket fabbed up and installed. Welded up the trailing arm to reinforce it's structure since I had to grind some off to allow the diff to fit. Also sad to say that I re welded the front diff mount to be solid for now even though I should replace it... but when money is tight and I need to save for gauges and other stuff... I did what I could for now.

Won't be able to do anything with the Z till this friday... so I'll take pictures then of what's been done. I got my sound deadener in.. just need to clean up the floor pans, trans tunnel, and firewall and prep for installing it. 

Rain didn't start till late last night so I had a nice window to work on the Z. Got my passenger rear seat bracket fabbed up and installed. Welded up the trailing arm to reinforce it's structure since I had to grind some off to allow the diff to fit. Also sad to say that I re welded the front diff mount to be solid for now even though I should replace it... but when money is tight and I need to save for gauges and other stuff... I did what I could for now.

Won't be able to do anything with the Z till this friday... so I'll take pictures then of what's been done. I got my sound deadener in.. just need to clean up the floor pans, trans tunnel, and firewall and prep for installing it.

On the irs, a solid front diff mount is a good way to go from my experience

2 things I'm getting curious about... are o2 sensors reversible? can I buy 2 right upstream o2 sensors, or do I need a right and left side? Will my battery for my 240z work on a v8? or will I need to buy a battery with more cranking amps?

2 things I'm getting curious about... are o2 sensors reversible? can I buy 2 right upstream o2 sensors, or do I need a right and left side? Will my battery for my 240z work on a v8? or will I need to buy a battery with more cranking amps?

Totally ok to reverse. Just don't swap front and rear sensors. (you won't be using rears, they are only to check catalytic converter function)

Will have to check on the battery to see what size it is. Awesome on the o2 sensors! Yea pcm already has rear o2's deleted.. just didn't know if they were reversable. Rock auto seems to list them as upstream/downstream left or upstream/right which is confusing.

Good idea about extra o2 bungs... hmm might do that and cap them off for now.