HybridZ

Just starting my ls1/t56 build!

Johnc taught me to drill a hole right they the face of the drum and use a brake adjustment tool to adjust the rears. There is a little lead or rubber button in the drum that is in the right spot. Sure enough, it helped! The stock adjusters don't do a very good job.

So I finally got my bluetooth obd2 plugin that I can use with my cell phone and see all my info. (water temp, fault codes, rpm, speedometer, and others) Apparently i'm displaying a P1336 crank sensor error. It seems using a 99pcm on a 98 motor that the pcm needs to relearn the motor... but unfortunately you need someone with a Tech2 or efi live tool to tell the pcm to relearn. I do not know anyone with this, and most dealers will not touch a car that is hybrid. I'm at a wall on what to do... anyone in DFW know someone with these scan tools that would be willing to take a few minutes to let my pcm relearn the motor?

Woo!! got my wipers finally wired with park! Apparently the EZ 12 kit only has a wiper power wire and that goes directly to the wiper, while the 3 other wires from the switch are the grounds. Using the honda wiper diagram with the relay for park it was pretty easy to match up

http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/26561-honda-wiper-motor-upgrade-for-the-240z/

blue/red = purple wiper power wire

black = chassis ground

rest is the same as the above link for wiring in the relay. The only difference is the black wire that comes off the wiper motor itself, should just be tied to the chassis where it is. I simply left about 4in's worth of wire and added a ring terminal and attached it to the metal right next to the mount point.

Now my wipers work perfectly and still park!

YUP! wired everything up using the EZ-wiring 12 mini kit! The only thing really holding me back from making this legal is

• horn
  • gauges? (using obd2 bluetooth with cell phone for digital gauges)
  • hi beam indicator?
  • insurance
  • inspection
  • registration....

I need to add relays to my headlights tho, and plan to today. I have parts on order to get my stock 18mm sway bar remounted. And have a bluetooth obd2 plug so that I can use my phone as digital gauges to pass inspection, until I can actually afford gauges.

After reading ls1tech about my crank position sensor P1336 code, many are saying it does NOT affect the engine at all (as long as no other codes are present) and it is only used for misfire detection. Most say I should just have a tuner remove the DTC for it and that way I never get a code again.

Edited by CableSrv

So I finally got my bluetooth obd2 plugin that I can use with my cell phone and see all my info. (water temp, fault codes, rpm, speedometer, and others) Apparently i'm displaying a P1336 crank sensor error. It seems using a 99pcm on a 98 motor that the pcm needs to relearn the motor... but unfortunately you need someone with a Tech2 or efi live tool to tell the pcm to relearn. I do not know anyone with this, and most dealers will not touch a car that is hybrid. I'm at a wall on what to do... anyone in DFW know someone with these scan tools that would be willing to take a few minutes to let my pcm relearn the motor?

Did you get this sorted? If not try DSXTuning. He did my basic tune (tire size, trans, removed the security, etc.) for $50. He's on FB here:

https://www.facebook.com/DSX.Tuning

I have not got that sorted, however from reading ls1tech.com, it doesn't seem to matter as it does not affect the engine running at all. My pcm was already modified from chevythunder to remove all that. However this can't be done via mailing in my pcm. This has to be done on the car locally to fix it.

Either way so close to being legal. This friday I'll be going get insurance, inspection, and registration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR3mAvUL4q4

• Like 1

She's fully legal now!!! Felt great driving her around! Tho no ac in Texas sucks! Suspension is way to soft, hatch vibrates due to no weather stripping, and heat comes from the shifter hole badly.

Edited by CableSrv
  • Like 1

Took her on the highway and a problem came up... the stock ls1 oil sender snapped off during rebuild and completely forgot about it. All that was holding back oil pressure was that tiny little yellow plastic disk... and the least to say under full throttle joining the highway it blew... lost some oil but took her home quick. Found a m16x1.5 oil drain plug from napa auto and used that to replug that oil pressure switch. Ended up having to add another 2.5 quarts of oil back in. Hopefully that shouldn't have hurt the engine. Engine still sounds solid but you never know when you start losing oil.

Other than that, I really need to cover the trans tunnel where the shifter is... so much hot air comes in from there.

At first I didn't know, but as soon as I opened the hood it was very apparent. It wasn't spewing oil like a fountain or anything but enough came out to soak the down pipes of the headers and cause smoke. Luckily I wasn't far from home and hopefully didn't cause any major damage. I still had a good amount of oil left.

Oil smoke is what let me know something was wrong...

Edited by CableSrv

And on another note of crap that sucks... after modifying the stock 71 tank to have a sump... I did not add baffles for braking... so under moderate/hard braking I get fuel starve issues.... at this point I think I might as well just go fuel cell and be done with it.