HybridZ

1jz s30. Drift Boss

Drift Boss

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is pics of the Z TRYING to slide. (Maybe it's my extreme toe in on the rear?) It's not a drift car, but...very disappointed in it.

1933202_1201133526571049_364070528512554

Oh, here is the Trans mount. (Redesign)

20160323_121151_zpsziivwlfw.jpg

I am making a temp "toe bracket" for the rear until I can afford rear lower control arms.

20160323_121101_zpszootlhd3.jpg

20160323_133845_zpsbgofu80a.jpg

20160323_131911_zpsgmk8uwoy.jpg

Most..maybe all the tie in looks to be gone...

20160323_161036_zpskdecv4oj.jpg

S30's don't make good drift cars so you need to give it as much help as possible by setting the Geo up. You can slide them but full on drift isn't so good, another problem is they don't have much steering lock.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So why would you get rid of the v8 for a Toyota? I mean you could've gotten your 250 to 400 horsepower easier if you wanted to stay that low and a lot less costly than it would've done after you did all this for the Toyota.

But I mean maybe you just wanted to stay Japanese I mean to each his own for sure. It's an impressive build to begin with so I applaud to your hard work.

If you're shooting for doing extreme horsepower in future you could've went with a m70 or s70 v12 twin turbo it and you're at a 1000 hp cheaper than it would be getting that Toyota to a 1000.. Just my .02.

Either way happy you liked your build in the end great work man.

Here is pics of the Z TRYING to slide. (Maybe it's my extreme toe in on the rear?) It's not a drift car, but...very disappointed in it.

A Z is a very good drift car, with bias ply tires. I used to drift all the time before they even called it drifting.

The Chumpcar I run has a very controllable drift with radials but the slide angle is not that much.

Edited by Chris Duncan