HybridZ
budgy

240Z VQ37HR Swap

On 7/11/2020 at 6:02 AM, Sanchez said:

Thank you, but I was more wondering how you are able to get correct tension on your belt. I haven't seen any tension arm brackets for the VQ37 alternator.

make a custom adjustable one similar to the 240z bracket or I have seen one that uses a turnbuckle. 

We have yet to sort out the belt/tensioner just yet. It sounds like a Juke belt might be workable. We are also relocating the oil filter to be remote and use a GTR type filter to work with the thermostat type adapter. Steering I think we had no major issues with, its primarily getting the engine in the right spot and having the right header design. 

Datsun.jpg

4 hours ago, budgy said:

We have yet to sort out the belt/tensioner just yet. It sounds like a Juke belt might be workable. We are also relocating the oil filter to be remote and use a GTR type filter to work with the thermostat type adapter. Steering I think we had no major issues with, its primarily getting the engine in the right spot and having the right header design. 

Datsun.jpg

This is exciting to see! Was talking to a friend recently and have started reconsidering the VQ as a swap. Since I care more about something fun, than all out power, and I'm aiming to for a modestly lightweight but daily driveable car, the VQ fits the bill perfectly. VQ37 even more. I love the responsiveness of the VVEL system, though I know aftermarket support isn't the best. Most I have in my G37s is an Ark Grip exhaust and I honestly love the sound. It's a far cry from the "trumpety" reputation VQs have from cheap 350z owners straight piping their cars.

I’d love the understand how you are running the

motor. Everything I am reading says a complete independent enginE management system is not possible with the VVEL. Do you mind sharing what you are using,?howuch of it is stock electronics, etc?