HybridZ

Large Flare Sizing and vendors

Searching for good fitting ZG flares to fit 275 front and 315 rear tires.  Currently looking into purchasing the wheels after mocking up the suspension up to appropriately size offset of 9.5" front and 11" rear wheels.

Searching here and around the web reveals plenty of builds with these size tires but flare sizing and brand is not clearly mentioned.

Retro Spec has a wide ZG set at 3.25" and 3.75" front and rear.  However, many members caution dealing with Retro Spec as of lately.

Margugen Shoukai are quality and the thickest "Special" model are recommended.  However, it's unclear if they made a wide version to fit above wheel/tire.  Jesse at jesse@jessestreeter.com will ask MS and get back to me.

Has anyone dealt with https://jdmfenderflares.com/

Any other info and leads on good fitting flares?

Thanks

Right, I saw that too.  Just can't find any info the actual size of the "deluxe" type.

And more confusion is that Jesse got back to me saying after contacting MG they offer 1" ZG flares.  I detailed in email to Jesse wanting a large size for the 275 and 315 tire and that was the response.  Lost in translation?

I'm sure you saw on rhdjapan site that they offer the wide rear flares, but only in standard type.  They list the width at 5cm over stock.  I would assume this is true for the deluxe version as well, but they don't make it easy to find the information out. https://www.rhdjapan.com/marugen-shoukai-rear-extra-wide-over-fenders-s30-s31.html

5cm would be too small I think.

MiKelly used RetroSpec flares.  He said they were 3.5" wide rear with 315 in his build thread so thinking I need at least that much clearance.  The RS web page says their flares are 3.25" front and 3.75" rear so some conflicting info there too.   The "InZanity" 240Z build used 315 on 11x18 rear as well but can't find what brand he used or where sourced.  Getting good fitting flares in this size maybe a challenge.  The search continues...