HybridZ

Anyone Own This Z (Pic)

aak.sized.jpg

Heres another pic. Im trying to get the guys name and email.

Thats ok, I don't need to talk to him. I can see now thats above my capability... :D

Not only is the front end wicked, the rear hatch is no longer a hatch...

Thats awsome, and thanks for the pic... got more?? :D

Guest Aaron

I absolutly LOVE the rear of that car. I have always thought the Z's need just a small subtle lip or valence to lengthen the profile of the car so it looks almost like it's moving while sitting still.

I absolutly LOVE the rear of that car. I have always thought the Z's need just a small subtle lip or valence to lengthen the profile of the car so it looks almost like it's moving while sitting still.

I totally agree, the rear is the nicest I've seen. That is truly a gorgeous Z.

Guest the_dj

Guy's name is Benny. Works at Mossy Nissan on Dairy Ashford in Houston, and lives a couple miles from me. Last I heard (maybe 6 months ago?) it was for sale.

The car is VERY clean. Everything seems immaculate except the headers. They are all rusted and it's pretty clear someone forgot to dress up just one little part. :lol:

He went a bit heavy on the stickers IMO. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am considering a similar rear treatment as far as the tail and hatch.....

but I am thinking about cutting the hatch shorter, so there can be a one-piece lip or tail, like that guy did. Also want a finishing piece that cleans up the area around the exhaust and fuel tank, without going so low as to require me to install a matching side skirt.

What are the expert's thoughts on this? To build the tail lip, should I fashion it out of metal, spot-weld it, then finish and smooth with fiberglass, or do the whole thing from scratch with fiberglass? How difficult is it to keep the transition between glass and metal from cracking or separating? would it be better to get one of those older style 3-piece lips and join the sections, before or after mounting?

Are there any good lower rear skirts available commercially that are very short, just for finishing, rather than lowering the cars rear lines? Also, If I go with a aggressive tail lip, I will have lead-in sections that start about one foot up the quarter panel and flow into the rear lip. I am thinking about doing two-toned finishing as some others have, with white front dam or valance, possibly partial white or all white custom hood, and then white tail lip and tail fascia.

I am open to thoughts, comments, or suggestions on this process, especially from people who have done something similar and ran into problems....

thanks,

tannji

[edit] Also, anyone seen the vented hood that motorsport sells? I would really like to see some more detailed photos of that on a car, with closeups of the venting themselves.