HybridZ

11.752 @ 117.602mph

BRAD D

Brad, those are some nice #'s. Are the Hoosiers full slicks or cheaters? Wonder how much and LSD would help you?

to tell you the truth i believe the combination of the open diff and not being able to to a huge 2 tire burnout is the only thing saving brad from breaking rearend stuff right now.

you said in an earlier post you didnt trailer it.... well hope you have one lined up :D you will need it soon :shock:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BRAD D ……… awesome times……

……..have you tried slipping the clutch as you launch, as I found that way I load up the turbo more and the car jumps out of the hole without any wheel spin.

It takes a bit of practice, but once you find the sweet spot between maximum acceleration and not breaking the traction, the results are great (the only way I can race a GTR)

When I was dropping the clutch I couldn’t get any traction as the old L28 makes a bit of torque down low.

BTW……. I was on semi-comp circuit tires with extremely hard sidewalls, but in your case it will be difficult to improve on your 1.749 60†time.

Thanks. I will try and answer and ask some questions for every one…

Zardilla

Sad to hear your project has to sit for a while. As for the ECU if I were you and I had the stock ECU all working and the wiring all laid out. I would look at the Apex-I ECU it has a hand held controller and I hear the J-spec one can use MAP as well as MAS.

Jersey

I do have dyne sheet on it, the RB makes a nice toqury curve all the way to red line at 348 RWHP. I will se if I can get it from the dyno shop.

Cody 82 ZXT

The Hoosiers are cheaters or DOT if that is what a cheater is? And I think LSD would help but like stony says it could beat on my set up.

Stony

I’m happy to be following in your footsteps! Thanks for all the help you gave me.

Yes I’m considering a linelock, but on the two runs that are not on that vid I did nice burnouts (just one tire at a time).

As for the rear end I like my Datsun IRS setup and I will try my hardest to make it work. If there are 9sec Civics out there with IFS, I should be able to have a 10sec 240Z with IRS. I run ZXT CV's and they have been good so far, but we will see.... So if and when the give me trouble I will get some stronger ones made by http://www.driveshaftshop.com and if the stubs blow out I will get some made from M300.

I don’t ever want to give up the IRS and 5 Speed. :wink:

Scottie-GNZ

Your calculation was way off… By a whooping 0.048 seconds and staggering 1.398 MPH :-D

P.S. any tips on this 3rd gear 4th gear at the trap thing? or on gearing, I run a 4.11 from a 200SX turbo

pparaska

Thanks

RPMZ

I have not yet tried slipping the clutch, I was just happy with a 1.75 with no LSD. Still need to try launching from higher RPM.

RPMZ

I have not yet tried slipping the clutch, I was just happy with a 1.75 with no LSD. Still need to try launching from higher RPM.

:D

I too like the IRS but the reality of the entire thing is no matter how strong you get something built the biggest it will be is 26-28 spline.... most drag guys cringe when i say im trying to get a 28 spline shaft to hold up to a 10 sec run. thats why i pretty much gave up on it.

as for your gearing the 4.88 i put in mine got me all the way to the top of 4th thru the traps. if i got any faster would have to go to fifth. and yes its still available :D

yes i have .. im currently running a 4.88 nismo diff. it mad a huge difference. but i still cant launch like i want to. If my rearend would hold together for 4500 rpm launch with the 4.88 it would be inthe 10s for sure.

I think rags meant taller like a 3.90 or 3.54....might be easier on the axles too.

well the 3.9 is what i used to run.... that put me at the top end of 3rd at 127 mph. i want to be at the top end of 4th. which the 4.88 did but it is harder on the axles. at any rate my car goes in the shop for a solid axle install in 2 weeks ;>

final decision is a 8.8 with 35 spline axles, spool, 4.56 gears and disc brakes. going to run a ladder bar setup with coilover shocks.

well the 3.9 is what i used to run.... that put me at the top end of 3rd at 127 mph. i want to be at the top end of 4th. which the 4.88 did but it is harder on the axles. at any rate my car goes in the shop for a solid axle install in 2 weeks ;>

final decision is a 8.8 with 35 spline axles' date=' spool, 4.56 gears and disc brakes. going to run a ladder bar setup with coilover shocks.[/quote']

Damn, that's quite the RPM the RB motors run, never ceases to amaze me. That solid axle is going to be the ticket Stony; it's going to be truly scary... :2thumbs:

yep thats what im thinkin. once i get that squared away i will start on the motor :D its pretty amazing to think this performance is coming from a motor that is basically stock with a little more booste. i cant wait to throw a head gasket, bigger turbos and more booste at it :D

its pretty amazing to think this performance is coming from a motor that is basically stock with a little more booste. i cant wait to throw a head gasket, bigger turbos and more booste at it :D

Brad/Stoney What kind of performance plan do you have for your cars? I'd love to do the swap if it weren't so much $$. Maybe in a couple of years. :-D Not only that I still have so much more I can do with the L-28. After I get it closer to maxed out I start thinking about RB power.

Hey Brad D what size and brand of tires are you running at the track? I saw in a previous post that your running 225/45/17 BFG Drag radials, is that what you run at the track? If so then how do you get it to hook so good? 11.75 seems really fast for "only" 348rwhp. I should be in the same neighbor hood with HP with my LT1 (400HP@crank = 348@ wheels with a 13% drivetrain loss) I know my car will weight about 500lbs more then yours so low 12's should be doable right? :D

Guy :D

BRAD D ………HKS 25/30 are awesome turbos. I have a few friends with GTRs whom use 25/30 and all of them had great results. They spool up nearly same as stock turbos but have much better mid range and top end. One of the GTR’s using those went 306.9km/h on a 3km stretch for a magazine article where it beat a new Lambo which went 301km/h and several other race cars etc.

The only mods the car had were: turbos, Power FC, exhaust, 720cc injectors and cam gears. It was running 24-25 psi. with a bit of race fuel added.

The most on pump fuel people got out of them is about 420 rwhp and on race fuel about 2 bar of boost 540rwhp.

P.S. Australian figures are always about 15-20% smaller due to our different dynos.

Here are some vids of me running against friend’s stock-ish GTR with 25/30s. He was running 19psi on the night with best time of 11.4 @ 124mph on pump fuel.

Not often you see a Zed racing a GTR……. :-D

With your 550cc injectors you will defiantly need to put the fuel pressure up to get some serious power out of them, and must do cam gears as that will give you up 40-50hp alone.

http://fangartists.com/vids/gtrzed.mpeg

http://fangartists.com/vids/gtrzed2.mpeg

80LT1, I run 26x9.5R15 Hoosier quick timme pro's at the track. As for the RWHP, I might have a bit more than 348. That day on the dyno my air temp was 40C+ (heat soaked intercooler) and my throttle cable was not fully opening the throttle bodies :oops: ...

With some good rear tires you should be in the low 12's

RPMZ, thanks for all the good info. What would some cam gears set me back? Nice vids 8)