show off your wheels

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn,

Awsome car! I love what you have done with it :2thumbs:

Well, I'm a little late with this thread, but figured I would show my skinny Honda wheels on my Z. They look cool I guess. 17X7 w/adaptor. Will be changing the wheels, well at least the rear wheels most likely this summer to some 5 lug. I'm really going to need some wider wheels.

album_pic.php?pic_id=827

album_pic.php?pic_id=829

!M!

Thanks Gents:

The whole body was bought from a friend back in ’86 for $200. He has since past away. Back then the plastic parts were sold in flea markets so competition was high.

The fender pieces were moulded from mounted headlight covers. I still have the moulds. There not in great shape but can still be used. They are free to a good home. My only stipulation is that they be picked up and past on. I ‘glassed mine in from behind. (edit) These molds have been claimed and sent to Arizona.

The wheels are still available. These are 15X7 with Pirelli 235s.

I really got lucky with the light on these pictures. It’s hard to believe the car could use paint. I put some more pics in the album.

I like the look of your car Mat. It has a good stance and the wheels are first rate.

Hey Rufus: Are you going to be on the road this year? I have this mental image of your car in a million pieces covered in frost.

The fender pieces were moulded from mounted headlight covers. I still have the moulds. There not in great shape but can still be used. They are free to a good home. My only stipulation is that they be picked up and past on.

Glenn,

Are you talking about a mold for headlite covers or a whole fender w/ headlite covers?

If the molds are for headlite covers, I would be interested.

These molds replace the sugar scoops on the front. Not the complete fender. They are not a ‘bolt on’ the fender side so some GRP skills are required. They do bolt on to the front frame horns. I will not get involved in shipping so pick up or a meeting north of the border is necessary. There are complete fenders “out there†and would save a great amount of time with body work.

Here are a couple pics - Low buck wheels

album_pic.php?pic_id=2750

17x7 01' Maxima wheels (+40mm offset) with Z32TT brakes peeking through. 5 lug Z31 hubs front, custom disc carriers/spacers rear,coilovers, short struts.

album_pic.php?pic_id=2751

16x7.5 90' 300ZXTT wheels with 245/50/16 Nitto DR's

I now run steelies and 26x9.5x16 Hoosier QTP

Hey Rufus: Are you going to be on the road this year? I have this mental image of your car in a million pieces covered in frost.

I hope so...It is in pieces but currently resides in a garage..hope I can keep it that way...having some trouble with the guy I share my space with.

It started out as a couple of patches...looks like I am going to go all the way and strip the shell for sandblasting. The only thing left on it is the rear suspension and some interior.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a shot of my unmounted Centerline Tracers. They're 16x8 with 12mm offset, and one piece rotary machined aluminum (very light). Not my favorite look; but, I really wanted as close to zero offset as possible in a light wheel, and the price was right. Not likely to have them mated with rubber for quite some time, as I'm just beginning my hybrid project and have a non-rolling shell as a base. The width is a bit of a concern, as I don't plan on Coilovers, and an eight inch rim should have a 225 or wider tire...so we'll see about clearance(?). wheel_shot.jpg

Guest sspikey

WOW those werent expensive and are very good looking too. congrats best 250$ you could have spent. Hell my buddy just finished spending for his Volk gramlights 8 times what you spent and they look the same!!!

• 2 weeks later...