HybridZ

What a moron!

auxilary

Tom: You might have noticed that while you're running the engine to extract that last cup of oil, the oil light on your dashboard is on. You also might have noticed that there's a warning buzzer or chime that's sounding. Those are what we call "idiot lights," Ken. And they're speaking directly to you, buddy.

Priceless!!!

I sent the link to my buddy who recently siezed his engine because he thought " the light only comes on when I am almost to work or almost home so I figured it was OK"

This was his reply after reading the article and me making fun of him

"I do the same thing but after that I put in water and some Comet cleaner to really make my engine shine"

Yhe funny thing ids I don't know if he is kidding or not!!! :bonk:

Okay I can't find the link but a guy has posted this: He owns a New Mercedes Kompressor and bought a new can of spray paint. For some reason he left it in the car and it rolled under the seat. As he was adjusting his seat one day the can go punctured. So he immediately pulled the can out from under the seat and it sprayed the entire interior including the dash and he asked us how to clean this up. I wish I still had the pic.....Black interior and white Tremclad......DOH!!!!!!!!!! THat oil guy is just too ..........(loss for words) :oops:

I once had a guy laugh at me while I was changing my oil.

He came up in a shiny new integra (was a while back)

And I asked him "whats so funny?"

He told me I should get a new car like his, because he doesnt have to change the oil or do any tuneups on it for 100,000 miles!!!! People really can be that dumb...

I heard a similiar story 18yrs ago from a fellow student in High school auto shop. He told us that his dad ALWAYS runs the engine with the drain plug out,"to get all the OLD oil out" :shock:

When the rest of the class started laughing at him, he got real mad and defensive. Even our teacher couldn`t convince him that this wasn`t a good thing to do. :roll:

He actually had the nerve to tell the instructor that his dad had been working on car longer than him (the instructor)so he trusted his opinion more. :?

This is a PRIME example of when a little knowledge is a DANGEROUS thing!!

Actually, he oil doesn't really "wear out." Only the EP additives are what gets "used up." YOU could easily go 30-40,000 miles or more before there is any real reduction in lubrisity, in general.

On the back of the "Liquid Wrench" can, it tells you to pour ion about a pint 100 miles before an oil change. It's supposed to cut the varnish,loosen crud, etc. so you get a cleaner engine. Sounds OK, but I dunno if it would really work.