HybridZ

Crossflow head?

lifegrddude

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked! :wink:

If you want to know some of the benefits of cross-flow heads, try searching around on here. There are a couple long threads about a couple guys who want to try to make a cross-flow head for the L28.

• 3 years later...

It looks like someone just stuck an intake to the other side of the head. The studs are still on the exhaust side for the intake.

Seriously though, about the only way to get a crossflow head on a Z today would be to either plead and beg 1 fast z to build you one (not likely) or pay a butt load of money for someone to cut the intake ports to the other side of the head and weld and fill the old ones and pretty much completely modify the head inside and out. Or cut up two KA24 heads and dowel them together appropriately...hehe

lifegrddude, I hope we answered your question. I think we did even though we had some fun at the subject's expense. The inside joke is that the crossflow head for the L series motors is somewhat of a flying pig, or unicorn..or a golden wing nut. It has existed, it was EXTREMELY expensive, and had a small "benefit to dollar" ratio. VERY rare, VERY expensive, VERY interesting, but not worth the walk to the top of Everest.

The inside joke is that the crossflow head for the L series motors is somewhat of a flying pig, or unicorn..or a golden wing nut. It has existed, it was EXTREMELY expensive, and had a small "benefit to dollar" ratio. VERY rare, VERY expensive, VERY interesting, but not worth the walk to the top of Everest.

Good to know, thats all i wanted. Im just reserching a future project.

• Administrators

Cygnus summed it up best.

The closest thing to a cross flow L-series that I can think of, (well the easiest route anyhow), is to utilize and entire Nissan RB series engine. The OS Giken heads are cool, but try finding one. HybridZ member 1 fast z has built his own using some 4 cylinder cross flow heads, (he is a very gifted fabricator). An endeavor not for the faint of heart, definitely an achievement to be proud of for sure.

Good luck on your project,

Paul

Oh, and I found the keys, finally. This thread remained true and informative, open it will remain..