HybridZ

Aggressive aero kit and flares for ZX?

Guest Dorifto_Tuning

Guest Dorifto_Tuning

Hey all - I'm looking around for a really pissed-off kit for my 1981 280ZX 2+2 as well as some aggressive flares. Any suggestions / ideas? I don't want to fabricate much, but if there are kits for standard 2-seaters, I would modify it for my 2+2. Prefferably something that looks "agressive-Japanese", if that made sense. Also, anything on R33 Skyline tails for a ZX? Any info is much appreciated in advance.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i do not really like the kaminari widebody kit, so basicly you are on your own and that means custum.. i know william bowman ( eurozx had R32 skyline lights in his, and that did not look to bad, i even thought about doing it.. but 250 dolloars for some lights ...

No go for me+ to get that right whitout creating a bondo express would mean getting entire rear panal with lights.

So what i did is shaved the rear bumber, and i'm in the proce4ss of welding on z31 fender flares ( 86,5 and up model) they give the more or less 350z look.

Toghetre with the whale tail and a shaved front bumber ( dont exactly know how to jet... but

vcheck out my site, there is a pic of teh flares in the photo section of this page

Frank

I'm looking around for a really pissed-off kit for my 1981 280ZX 2+2

Alright, I've only recently grasped the idea that a "sick" kit is really supposed to be an awesome thing. For the 40+ crowd, am I to assume that a "pissed-off" kit is the same? :D:D:D

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

It is funny how different age groups look at different car designs. Being one of the older Z owners I like the smooth lines on a car. To me the 250 GTO is one of the prettiest designs out there. For pure sports car the best has to be the Cobra. I really am not into the sharp angles and cut designs that are on some of the Japanese hot rods that are around now. But that design in what the younger generation in into. What most of us do have in common is that we are not satisfied with the original design and want to improve it to fit our style. Body kits are a great place to start and there is no law that says you cannot put your personal modifications and touches.

It is funny how different age groups look at different car designs. Being one of the older Z owners I like the smooth lines on a car. To me the 250 GTO is one of the prettiest designs out there. For pure sports car the best has to be the Cobra. I really am not into the sharp angles and cut designs that are on some of the Japanese hot rods that are around now. But that design in what the younger generation in into. What most of us do have in common is that we are not satisfied with the original design and want to improve it to fit our style. Body kits are a great place to start and there is no law that says you cannot put your personal modifications and touches.

Sorry to speak against you but in reality the new japanese cars have much better aerodynamics and have smoother slicker bodies. Most cars from the muscle car era were actually more aerodynamic backwards. Seems weird but it's true, heard I come right out an automotive engineers mouth on television.

Sorry to speak against you but in reality the new japanese cars have much better aerodynamics and have smoother slicker bodies.

Yeah, the STOCK ones like a Toyota Camry or a Honda Accord. SHO-Z was talking about hot rod "Attack Honda" body kits and such.