HybridZ

Tell us what your Dream Z would be!

Guest RCNSC

Guest RCNSC

Simple enough. Tell everyone what your dream Z would be. Year, color, wheels, engine, etc etc etc.

I want two very different Zs.

First: 1970 S30, silver with black interior. RB26DETT converted to single turbo, big HP... 18" HRE wheels (black with polished chrome lip), ZG flares, C/F hood, front end like the one on the HybridZ homepage and all the goodies you find in any super expensive hopped up car (cool gauges, big brakes, etc etc)

Second: 1971 ZG, white with black 16x10R Watanabes, ZG flares, C/F hood, C/F tail light panel, RB26DETT, lowered 2" with Jap plates, one of those tiny little hatch spoilers (old school) in C/F and all the goodies you find in any super expensive hopped up car (cool gauges, big brakes, etc etc) :) super JDM. EDIT - forgot the chrome JDM fender Mirrors!

Now its your turn.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have four, ummm, I WILL have four, and they will be very different from each other:

the turbo car I have now, Burnt mettalic pearl orange with suede and leather interior with matching stitching. L28T Z31 conversion running mild boost for daily driver status. Big brakes front and rear, euro bumpers, shaved marker lights, DARK tinted windows, Stock gauges with new gauges hidden behind them. Going for an updated Stock apperance. some nice Satin silver five spokes with deep dishes. stock fenders.

Series one rust free 70' White, CF body panels made to look stock. euro bumpers front and rear with the BRE chin spoiler. Panasport CR8s 16x7 16x8. Sr20DET black top with Silvia 6 speed. Motec EFI, Defi meters, lightweight sparco seats, big brakes, stock fenders, stock marker lights, stock mirrors, tinted to the shades of night.

280Z, Flat black, No interior, No dash, one seat, full cage. Supercharged LS1, Five speed, R230 LSD, Huge brakes, Even bigger wheels. (polished lip,black centers. CF hood, ZG flares, shaved marker lights, stock mirrors,

bumpers shaved, 240Z front airdamn and signals. 432 grill, again tinted black, custom plate that reads "Darth" or "Vader" maybe even "Satan" the purpose of this car is to scare little kids, and give squirrles heart attacks for miles in all directions. Also is meant to set off every car alarm in a ten mile radius at once.

240Z, ZG flares, Watanabes or other old school rims, 15-16 inch, stretched tires, L31 with triples, 12-1 compression. STOCK interior, built chassis. RHD no tint.

and thats really it, My girlfriend wants two, but those dont count unless she chimes in here.

Currently building 2 of mine.

1: 72 240Z. 383 stroker w/ large valve aluminum heads and all other expensive crap I could find on Ebay, should be up near 500 horsepower. T-56, R-200 VLSD, Fuel cell, Huge brakes, coilover suspension, 17"X10.5" Cobra R rims, ZG flares, custom hood and front valance, Racing seats w/ semi stripped interior, JDM fender mirrors, shaved side markers, shaved drip rails, custom tail lights, Gunmetal paint.

2: 78 280Z. Toyota Supra/Cressida 7MGE NA motor converted to dual side draft carbs. Coilover suspension, 17"X7" ADR 8 spoke gunmetal wheels, Flat black bullet mirrors, satin black paint, big fart can exhaust.

And another one I'd like to do, but am too much of a chicken to try.

3: LS1 powered 240/260/280 Ralley Z. Lifted 4-5" all terrain tires, full cage, to be chased by legions of angry datsun purists :D

Mike

Guest gtmattz

hmm.. probably a 75-78 280 w/a twin turbo'd 327(dunno why, but theres something about the 327 that im obsessed with) sbc in front of a T56 6-speed, LSD in the rear putting the power to the wheels.

the rest, "add flavoring as desired"..... aka, all the other 'goodies'. (coil over conversion, 4piston caliper conversion, cross drilled rotors, 5 lug conversion, fender flares of some sort etc.)

with a nice shiny-contunually-wet-looking hugger orange paint job.

Lets see, I would have two.

1. either a 240 or 280z, gunmetal or dark charcoal metallic paint, black ZG flares, black 432 spoiler, 17' new Enkie (sp?) supermesh wheels (not chrome), 17 ZR falken azenis tires, Tien coilovers (in car adjustable) carbon fiber hood and taillight panel, plain 240Z fiberglass front spoiler, 2JZ TT engine, 6speed sequential tranny, LSD, huge brakes, leather sparco reclineable seats, 5 point harnesses, drk grey interior, half cage w/grey leather wrap, early 240 bumpers wo/the guards

2. 240 or 280z, Honda championship white, RHD, chrome fender mirrors, rare JDM 15's (black), black ZG flares, 432 spoiler, Gnose w/spoiler, sparco reclining seats, fairlady mesh grill, dog box tranny, L28 w/trippels, 8500rpm cam.

maybe #1 w/formula 1 engine (hey I can dream right :D )

Guest Chiznad9

Probably......a 71' 240, black, with 17-18' chrome HRE wheels. The biggest brakes that could be squeezed in there and an 03-04 SVT cobra powerplant and drivetrain underneath. I would be happy.

Guest 2slo4u

83 turbo 2 seater with no leaky ttops, custom 17" wheels that don't need spacers, all new suspension, urethane bushings, etc. Slightly larger turbo with intercooler, T-5 tranny, graphite or grayish blue metallic paint with no rust, all modified brakes, 3" exhaust (No muffler) , Aftermarket ecu that can control stock sensors and can program itself based on throttle position, load, and O2 sensor info. After market H4 lights (like I have on my rusty 81) And that would just about do it.

Guest Dorifto_Tuning

I can think of 3 off the top of my head ... :D

#1 - The Datsun Purist's Dream - dark green 1971 240Z-

L28E stroked to 3100cc, high-performance racing cam, lightweight valvetrain components (titanium?), high-comp domed pistons, P90 turbo head and crank, triple Mikunis, anything else Datsun or NISMO you can think of for the engine, then blueprint it to spin to 8500 (and make power up to that ...), 2-3/4" stainless exhaust through a Fujitsubo resonator, out an APEX'i N1-turbo muffler angled up and out. Lightweight flywheel, twin-plate clutch, CF driveshaft. All CF bodypanels, seam-welded unibody, race-spec coilovers, strut bars, etc., and anything else you could possibly do to a suspension system. Stock interior w/ cage & harnesses, shiftlight, Pioneer deck w/ 6-disc CD changer, Lightning audio speakers. 15" RS Watanabe wheels, ZG flares, MSA type-3 airdam, sideskirts, rear valance.

#2 - Turbo Killa - flat black 1983 280ZX turbo-

RB27DETT N1-spec JGTC competition engine, GTR sequential six-speed, what exhaust? CF everything, Titanium everything else ... seam-welded unibody, N1-spec suspension setup from Calsonic R34 race car, carbon-ceramic brakes from Lola formula car, 19" Racing Hart CP035R's (white). Stock-appearing body, aside from the massive CF wing and front splitters needed to keep the car on the track. Plush interior with racing buckets, 6-point harnesses, & 12-point cage, Defi Gauges, Pioneer deck, Lightning Audio speakers.

#3 - JDM Fairlady done right - charcoal gray metallic 1981 280ZX 2+2- (this one might happen !!!)

RB25DET, built for endurance, 8500rpm, and around 350hp, 3" titanium OR stainless exhaust through a Fujitsubo resonator, no cat, out an APEX'i N1-turbo muffler angled up and out. R33 GTS tranny, 10lb. N1-GTR flywheel, twin-plate clutch, CF driveshaft, 4.10 rear gearset and 1.5 way clutch-type LSD. Stitch-welded unibody, 6-point cage, Tein performance suspension w/ drift setup, strut bars and lower suspension brace. Wilwood 13" cross-drilled and slotted rotors up front with 4-piston calipers, 11" cross-drilled and slotted rotors out back with 2-piston calipers, semi-metallic pads all around, Googridge braided lines. 15x8 RS Watanabe wheels all around with Advan Neova tires; fronts sized so the sidewalls are square, rears so the sidewalls bulge out a little. Japanese airdam that's going on my 2+2 (pics on website, same with sideskirts), custom "formula" rearend treatment (pics soon on site), rolled fender edges. Plush interior, leather bucket seats, 5-point harnesses, cupholders, Defi gauges, bubble shift knob, "spin-turn" knob on handbrake button. Pioneer deck, Lightning Audio speakers, 2 10" MTX subs & 600-watt Audiobahn amp, 6-disc changer.

On all three I'd have a Japanese liscense plate that says "SIDWYS" ... :D

Guest bastaad525

Quote: "Tell us what your Dream Z would be!"

Way...

Too...

Damned....

Expensive....

Seriously though I think I agree with akeizm... that twin turbo'ed Q45 V8-motored 240 from Japan was pretty friggin sweet. There's also a member here with a very very nice twin turbo V8 chevy Z which I wouldn't mind one bit :) If I won the lotto tommorow though, not to sound like one of those purists but I'd stick with Datsun/Nissan... either a bored/stroked fully built L28ET T3/04 with Tec 3 and the works, or one better, RB26 DETT.

Guest RCNSC
you dont want me to even start!

Mike

You're probably right. "Super JDM color like.. like.... a babyblueish greeny teal with bronze wheels and...."

LOL who knows.

'73 240

SR20DET BLACKTOP (S13) w/Microtech EMS

18x8 Volk Racing 57 Pro's (Zero offset)

4x Disc Brakes w/ Alcon or Brembo Calipers

HRP manual steering rack

Custom Fender Flares

Modified front spoiler

Vented Hood

Shaved Sidemarkers

Drip Rail chrome removed and DR cleaned (to be painted body color)

'one-piece' bumpers

Lexan windows (rear 3)

Maui Blue Pearl Metallic paint...yummy

Custom CF Dash, covered in Alcantara

Weld in Cage, covered in Alcantara

Custom simple door panels... in... uh... Alcantara

Defi-Link guages

Tilton Pedal Assembly

...And the list goes on a bit...

One that attracted as many hot girls as it would car dudes.

Seriously, i'd have to go with a custom lightweight tube chassis, carbon fiber body panels, full lexan windows, air conditioning that would rival a meat locker, all aluminum twin turbo v8 matched to a fully sequential 6 speed transmission and getting 60 mpg AROUND TOWN. I'd also have to incorporate a crazy wide body kit (while keeping the stock lines as much as possible) and underbody redesign for higher terminal speeds.

Did i mention free, and with a totally hot chick that constantly told me how hot me and my awesome Z make her. She would also have to pump my gas.

-Rustrocket