HybridZ

Black Chrome Look?

zguy95135

You could Powdercoat it ' date=' they have a powder called "Mirror Black" that

would be close to what you want.[/quote']mirror black is just a high gloss black powder. Here are a couple things I have powdercoated. The wheel is mirror black, the intake manifold is a candy black over a chrome base. Powdercoating is your best bet brittney_wheel_installed.jpg

candy_black_006.jpg

Damn that smoke chrome is sweeeeeet!. Does any powdercoater have that as an option? And as asked the trim is Stainless Steel right? So just take it off and bring to a coater aye. Nice pics
yes, any powdercoater should have it, or something real close. That particular smoke chrome is from eastwood company, its called 'new smoke chrome' in their catalog, but I darkened it up just a little bit with some black tint. And yes, the trim is just stainless, so the powdercoater will just have to clean it and shoot it. I'd volunteer to help you out, but my oven isn't big enough for the drip rails.

no my 15x11 oldschool ronal racing 3 peice wheels... yes you cant have them sparky :)

mike

ouch....biatch! how did you know I wanted those? I tell you what....I've been debating on ZG flares for a long time on the orange Z...well you already have ZGs on the green Z...SOOOOoooo if you give me those Ronals, then I will have my excuse to install ZG flares, thus restoring the ZG flare balance in the Z car universe.

eh? eh?

ouch....biatch! how did you know I wanted those? I tell you what....I've been debating on ZG flares for a long time on the orange Z...well you already have ZGs on the green Z...SOOOOoooo if you give me those Ronals' date=' then I will have my excuse to install ZG flares, thus restoring the ZG flare balance in the Z car universe.

eh? eh?[/quote']

what wheels you wanna trade.. i might do that..

btw.. im getting a wider version of the ZG flares.. custom made in Carbon Fiber by Vinny :D

btw.. they make a bondo that powdercoating can go over.. Dead Roman on this forum told me about it.

mike

btw.. they make a bondo that powdercoating can go over.. Dead Roman on this forum told me about it.

I think the stuff he may be talking about is , Hi-Temp Lab-metal

http://www.alvinproducts.com/Products/Products.asp?ID=2

Basically an item that is to be powdercated (must/should) be conductive, and be able to with stand aprox 400 degrees F for aprox 20 minutes. and you have to have an oven big enough to put it in.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 73Turbo240z
your bright green wheels with a blue lip....sweetness! : puke:

actually those offensive little things ended up on my car... so kawasaki green on crap brown... it's a rolling offense... but at least she's fast.

I think the stuff he may be talking about is ' date=' Hi-Temp Lab-metal

http://www.alvinproducts.com/Products/Products.asp?ID=2

Basically an item that is to be powdercated (must/should) be conductive, and be able to with stand aprox 400 degrees F for aprox 20 minutes. and you have to have an oven big enough to put it in.[/quote']

Yup thats the stuff, but don't use more than you need it is a PITA to get down to the correct surface level.

Some have had some results with JB weld, but I wouldn't trust it.

Bondo will not work.. like someone else posted.. it'll melt.

Here is a mailbox that was supposedly powdercoated in black chrome.

http://www.technacolor.com/colorpics/metallics/samples/black_chrome_sample.jpg

Personally I think it is darker than that picture but I haven't shot any black chrome yet, next powder order I make, I think I'll try a sample of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got some black chrome powder on the way... should be here Thursday, I can quote you a price after I shoot a couple of 15" wheels with it around this weekend.. (I'll post some pics also)

PM me the size, condition and metal of the wheels and I'll get back at you...