w.1.jpg

w.2.jpg

w.3.jpg

w.4.jpg

w.5.jpg

w.6.jpg

w.7.jpg

I Like 'em!

These are replica 2003 SVT wheels, 17X9, 26mm offset.

Not Too heavy - 22 lbs apiece.

I used 2 piece 4 to 5 lug adaptors that are 1.75" thick on my 4-lug Arizona Z-Car brake system , and the Mustang wheels' offset works well with the extra spacing.

Tires are Kumho Ecsta MX, 285/40-17 on the back and 255/40-17 on the front.

The change to my gearing made by going to a 27" tall tire is going to take some getting used to, but in a nice way. Makes the turbo pull strong!

I got the adaptors here

They have given no trouble, everything runs smooth and straight.

They seem to be the answer for running the newer, shallow dish wheels on an S30.

Evil, The wheels are "probably" for sale - If I can get a decent price for them - If not I will flare my '78 beater and put them on it. I'm kinda attached to the old HREs, but Porkchop is consuming money at a frightening rate.

Then there's that promise I made to Z-Gad to give him first shot.....

That looks awesome! I got a good deal on the same wheels a few months ago, but 10.5" rears with 315/35's. My car is in my mom's barn 10 hours away, and I've been dying to see how they look on a Z. How wide are your flares? It looks even better than I thought it would. Thanks for posting the pics!

I would like to use the 10.5/315s in the rear, and probably will when I redo the flares. I'm liking the Reaction Research 280YZs. The present ones are the MSA IMSA style (about 3" deep), and barely cover the 9"/285s.

Thanks for the comments guys!

The old wheels were custom made for a flared, un-coilovered Z, leaving major space inboard (after the coilovers were installed) for bigger tires with different wheels.

245s were the widest tire that would fit under my flares on those wheels, and tire choices are really limited these days in 16" sizes. There was really no way for me to get the desired tire width/height with the available 16" tires.

I'm slowly getting used to the new look - Definitely makes a change from the Old School styling- but really enjoying the performance of my tire selection.

I'm a huge fan of the Exsta MX... Wet traction is impressive, so you'll be happy with them for general use... I know of a couple corvette guys who run them on the track at Summit for cheap "Track" tires. I think the rating is a 220 so they aren't gucci sticky tires, but they work for day to day driving...

Rick those wheels look awesome... thanks for the weight report... I'm bouncing between those and some BBS wheels.

mike