HybridZ

What's the quickest way to remove tattoos?

auxilary

I've come off a bicyle at speed and had road rash like that on the arm, upper thigh, and calf. When the nurse took a plastic Brillo brush and Phisoderm and scrubbed the scrapes HARD, I felt exactly like that guy looks.

I have road rash, because I didn't wear my leathers when I crashed, and let me tell you, it STINGS!!! From surgeries to cuts and broken bones, road rash has to be one of the worst to have and to take care of when healing. John, I know what you mean when they have to clean the road rash, they have to get all the road debris (scrub, scrub AAHHH smile.gif ). I will never go without my leathers on again!!!! Hey, Auxilary, go easy on the guy. I can tell you that he probably learned his lesson, unless you know the guy and he still rides like a dumb@ss.

!M!

Guest Anonymous

He's probably still in shock or going into it as well. I donno that I'm gonna blame him for crying, having your skin ground off with what amounts to a 36 grit like sanding disk would suck. Road rash isn't a cut as much as a abrashion, and anyone every had good burns can appreciate how that feels. I'd rather get hit by a bus and die than linger with burns. In his case, who knows, he may have been doing something stupid, stoppies, standing on the seat, long wheelies are causing more of this stuff than you can imagine. Live by the wheelie, die by the ...

Anyway, I guess if I didn't ride it would seem funnier, but for me its all to close to home to laugh about. :(

Regards,

Lone

Ps: I see you have my servailance camera shot of me at the counter when they ran out of diet pepsi. :D

Yes he has road rash but I think that his foot is more painful by the color of it. eek2.gif

I have only had the skin off ground off my fore arms in a testing crash. With new cams in and jetting the bike with the bigger carbs I ran out of driveway faster. I didn't notice that the front wheel was very light when I went from wide open to hard on the front brake. I think that was my first clue my bike was faster. twak.gif

Don

...Yup, I too know what road rash is like, after being bumped by a Dodge wagon while riding my road bicycle at about a 20mph pace. I liken it to the sensation of being on fire... Knowing what wasin store for me, I went home and got out my own scrub brush (Still have it too) and got in a tub of epsom salts and scrubbed my own rash... AFTER drinking a couple stiff shots of Jack D.!

Race Leathers with hard armor... Don't leave home without 'em! If you do, SHAME ON YOU! twak.gif

Mike

Guest Aaron

At least it looks like he was wearing a helmet. I see to many people doing stupid things without one. I was once knocked unconscious on a three wheeler with my helmet on. No way would I ride without one.

That reminds me of a time me and a friend were mountainbiking in the delaware water gap. On the way back it was pitch black so we rode home on a road. It was very very mountainous and the road was wide and nice so we went fast, according to my speedometer we were doing 45-50 on the long decents. So all of a sudden I see my friend launch into the air and slide for a good 100feet. It turns out he hit i friggin deer, on a bicycle. The deer was fine, but i cant say the same for him. he was wearing his helmet so his head was ok but his shirt dissintegrated withing the first 5 feet and he had serious nasty roadrash all over his back, arms, and chest. On top of that it took us an hour to find his bike. It was pretty deep in the woods off of the road. Man, that was bad.

DP351Zcar, That is what happens when you remove several layers from skin. The guy basically reomved his protective layers and is into the meat of the flesh... It isn't bleeding and it won't...

Zero, On a night ride two years ago I spooked a deer (It saw my lights but I didn't see it) and it took off and ran into my path inadvertantly and hit me from behind at the left side of my body. It fell in one direction and I went flying in another. After I realized what happened and it got up and ran off, I really was in a daze. I broke a couple of ribs and pooped blood for a week. I never want to hit ANYTHING alive again on a bike, pedal or motor driven...

Mike tongue.gifeek2.gif

• 1 year later...

That guy's foot looks BROKEN. A LOT.

In January I took a nasty spill on my mountain bike after hitting a jump and having the steer tube break. Basically I landed with no fork and no front tire and that landing catapulted me face first into a tree, with my feet locked into clipless pedals, of course.

I had "tree rash" all down the right side of my face, from the helmet on my forehead all the way down to my right shoulder. Also had a nice concussion and lost 3 days memory.

A buddy of mine gave me a little jar of "Brave Soldier". This stuff rocks. People at work were amazed at how fast my face healed. I went from Freddy Krueger back to my normal self in a matter of about 2 weeks. No scarring either.

For anyone who has road rash or may get it in the near future, get some Brave Soldier. I think they sell it at ski/bike shops.

Jon - I hug trees HARD - Mortensen

Know what that feels like, when I was 13, just received my motorcycle license, I took a turn at abour 40, about 1/2 way through the corner there was water running thru it, so long it had moss growing on it. I hit it, bike went one way, and I went the other. Lost sking on top of both legs, inside of right arm, outside of left arm and ground my chin down to the jawbone. Needless to say it didnt feel too good.

Picked up my bike and rode it home. Mom walked into the bathroom when she heard me come in. I was sitting on the floor picking out the gravel with tweezers, and poring Hydrogen Peroxide onto my legs. She asked If I were alright, and I told her sure. Im Fine!!! Wouldnt let her take me to the ER. And was out riding the next day, scars and all.

That is the only bad wreck that I ever had on a bike, but would NOT want to go thru it again.

Damon