HybridZ

I took the wife out on a date Saturday night...

pparaska

...in the Z! :cool:

I put some pics (it's not completed, but close)

HERE .

She said she never thought the day would come...can't blame her - it was 11 YEARS.

The ride is a bit stiff, but not bad, IMO.

The engine (carb, I think) needs ALOT of help. I'll post elsewhere about that.

It was a lot of fun though! 2thumbs.gifrockon.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats AWESOME Pete!.. the car looks great. My wife was scared to death to get into my car!

You have actually come a long way since the Hybridz site was established.. I know it feels really good to get car finally out onto the street. And it is going to be even more fun after a litlle break in and tuning when you can "air it out".... Gongrats.

Keep us posted

Myron

Guest Anonymous

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Very cool Pete, I'm really really happy the day finally came. I'm sure she was blown away when you said 'Lets take the Z' :eek: Congrats man, that is so super.

Regards,

Lone

Ps: I think my car still has knuckle marks on the door handle and a indentation where a passenger brake would be the last time she rode in the Z. (I only wish I had scared her worse if I had known what she was going to do down the road). :mad:

Thanks, guys.

Owen, I took the 240Z center section, cut 3/4" out of the for/aft "depth" of it, and made some ends that taper/curve down to a point against the body at the edge. Since the stock bumper is only 16 or 18 gage steel, I just used 18 gage steel. I welded them on, and had the body guy do the putty thing to smooth it out.

I also made new heavy duty mounts (steel, 1/4" angle, flat stock) to mimic the stock brackets, and between them welded a length of slightly curved 1" black pipe. So the bumper you see is just a bumper cover, and the pipe will transfer the loads to the stock Z body (which I left stock, but should have beefed up in retrospect - they're kind of flimsy).

Guest zfan

Pete, Stunning car, it all goes together perfectly. I love those wheels and the color is very catching. Congrats on a pro-ride hail.gif

Mike