HybridZ

I'm back on it!!

I'm back!! Paying some attention to the z again. I'm trying to have it running in the next few months. Motor is pretty much the same as before with upgrades like procharger F1-R blower, full sequential fast system, yz flair kit, 17x12 HRE 545's, twin disc Mcleoud clutch, better fuel system, tubular control arms, fiberglass hatch, lexan rear window, lexan side windows. I know I've shaved a few hundred pounds of the car from the way it sat before. No more stereo, amps woofers etc, no carpet, all panels are fiberglass, gutted doors. I'm waiting on the blower and intercooler, the car needs to be re aligned, has no wiring whatsoever, and need to be painted but all mounting of the panels are complete just need to get the doors mounted. It was more of a street car before now it's full race. Once I get it running and figured out it's gonna get some AFR's and a hogans intake to make a little more power but more than likely the F1-R is gonna make the thing insane already. I'm shooting for at least 700 rwhp. I cant wait to post up another video of the thing doin what it does best, but for now here's some pics, Darius

http://www.servinitup.com/pictures/z/

Good to see you and your insane car back again :-)

Can you please please do more videos - ServinItUp has a couple but it would be great to see more.

I am looking the Arizona Z tubular control arms as they are the best I have seen, just ordered the billet mustache bar - do you mind me asking where yours came from and how you rate them ?

Cheers

Andy F

Hey Darius,

Glad to see you posting here. Any time I talk to people about putting a V8 in a 240Z, either your name gets mentioned and/or your video. Whenever anyone talks about the insane 240Z V8 video on the net, we all know they're talking about your video. Your site and video helped motivate me to get a Z and drop in an LT1.

Bartman you are so true. When I started looking into a project car, I came across the video of the 240z through ares and since the night I downloaded it and watch for 30 mins straight, I was stuck on getting a 240 myself. That was 8 months ago and I am finally getting a 240z next week "birthday gift" and the long road to a ls1 swap starts.

Darius your car is one of a kind......Thanks for the videos!!

So are yours "home engineered" or did you get them off the shelf ?

I bought them from arizona z car like a year ago. I'm glad I got people interested in the v8 Z, I can still remember the 1st ride I had in one, it was awesome having v8 power and sound in a small car that handled good. I've had the car for 12 years now and I've probably only put 5000 miles on it if that. This time when I get it running again it's gonna stay running!!

I think the guy at procharger said like 18lbs, comp is 8:5:1. The stock heads are probably holding me back but it had so much power before. I figure running the fast full sequential with the proper tune and the bigger blower will do the job, if not some afr's and a hogans intake will do it for sure.