HybridZ

What is it with 280z owners?

auxilary

Dudes! - it's California - it's $1,200 for the car and $11,000 for the chunk of land it's parked on!

Based on this information though I now know my 280Z has to be worht at least $75,000. Too bad about you 240 & ZX guys.

That looks exactly like one that sold on ebay a while back for about 6 or 7 k, it had been posted about 2 or 3 times before it finally sold though. One is to wonder if he was the buyer.

Guest ON3GO

im selling my green Z.. its fixed up and has a cool nickname "the hulk".... so that adds the the price.

going for a low low price at $30,000

mike

This car looks just like the car I picked up for Ron Jones for $1400 and the car was THAT CLEAN! He took it to Connecticut, decided he didn't want to keep it, then tried to sell it back to me for something like $3200 or some such non-sense... But the car was tip top and in one of the BEST conditions I'd seen an original unrestored Z in some years. :shock:

$12200... UH this guy needs to put down the crack pipe! :lmao:

I'll be sooo glad when mine is complete... :wink:

Mike :cool:

Guest iskone

Damn the bidding is at $9000. Stuff like that really makes me think about selling my 240. I mean if a clean stock 280 is going for that much what is a clean modded 240 gonna go for?

Isk

I've been keeping pretty close track of Datsun Z sales on eBay because I'm planning on buying a nice street 240Z sometime this summer. From e-mails I've been trading with sellers it appears that about 1/2 the deals that close on eBay fall out because the buyer backs out. They sellers often offer a second chance to the next highest bidder and most of those don't go through either. So, the prices we see aren't the prices these cars are selling for - if they are selling at all.

That happened to a friend of mine who had #472. The auction closed and the buyer backed out. It was auctioned for $8500 IIRC, then sold later for $7200. I understand the premium paid for a '69, but I'm starting to think that times are changing. These guys can't all be blowing smoke and that worries me a lot. I have enough problems buying Z's. If the prices start going through the roof I might have to switch to Miatas or RX7s or something.

I guess I can take comfort in the fact that my brother-in-law bought the most rust free Z I've ever seen just a year ago, and that owner had gone to a Z club in the bay area and posted his car in their classifieds for over a year with no responses. My brother just happened to see it while driving down the street and stopped and offered the guy $500 and he took it. After some hoses got replaced and some cleaning of the gas tank and carbs it should be running again in about a week. SWEET Z for $500, now that's what I'm talking about.

Buying a car without physically being able to check it out is not a good idea I think. To me, the point of selling cars on Ebay is to get international interest in the car, if you can sell it with the winning bid thats awesome, but I think you would get enough people who want to buy the car in person or outside the auction by putting it up on ebay. Having a guy flake on their bid sucks though.

Guest ON3GO
Buying a car without physically being able to check it out is not a good idea I think. To me, the point of selling cars on Ebay is to get international interest in the car, if you can sell it with the winning bid thats awesome, but I think you would get enough people who want to buy the car in person or outside the auction by putting it up on ebay. Having a guy flake on their bid sucks though.

i agree.

when i bought the Hulk Z in cali on ebay i had a Hybridz member look at it.

i took his word and it turned out he was honest and the car was great for what it is.

im greatful for that!

but yes flakes suck.

mike