HybridZ

I'm officially Broke!

Mikelly

I just bought this this evening:

http://www.getauto.com/autolinks_cardetail.html?x_dealer_id=AABke&vinNum=3D7LU38C04G107218

Don't think I'll have any issues with towing anymore... HO Turbo Diesel, LOADED with a DUMP bed... Thing is AWESOME! Got out the door for $32800! :cheers:

Now I need to unload my truck! :shock:

Mike :2thumbs:

Summit sells an awesome 4 or 5" exhaust for those things. Friend has one on his modded truck. Sounds awesome. If its too loud, turn the muffler around and it gets much quieter (The muffler is rated for diesel use). Best of all the system is extremely cheap and better than those of BullyDog, MRP...etc. Intake, exhaust, and Comp Box (without piercing the VP wire for the injector pump) should make the truck way more drivable while getting better gas milage. Probably add about 200ft lbs. of torque too. If you are going to haul anything at all though, I suggest looking into a bigger tranny cooler and maybe an add on computer to keep the temps down. As I understand it, the stock computer allows the trannies to slip the torque converter and temps skyrocket. There are a bunch of other things too. I'll give you the number of a guy out here, that could help you out (That is, of course, if you need it). Name is Adam Winslet and owns a company called Winspeed Diesel.

Have you joined any diesel forums yet?

Congratulations on your purchase.

I've got the same truck, '04, but without the dump bed. The 305HP is awesome but the mileage sucks compared to my '99. The '99 gets 20 to 22 and the '04 gets 14 to 17 depending on whether or not I'm pulling my cars.

"04's have a 4 inch exhaust already, a 5 inch might help, but from what I've read the power tuner and other mod parts from Pittsburgh diesel is the way to fly, they can be found at http://www.dieselinjection.net check them out. I buy my cummins diesel parts from them and I have my 400 Big Cam cummins turned up to 550HP and it smokes cat's all the time, these guys have been doing cummins diesel performance for 17 years!

I guess the hotrodder in me extends to just about every vehicle I have, shame on me! Shame, Shame!

The tilt bed option was reasonable... Go to loadhogs.com and check the kit out... $3000 installed... This guy had paid over $5800 from a vendor who marked it up apparently... So far, nice unit! Truck is getting about 21MPG so far as well! :3thumbs:

A tonneau cover that locks or folds is in store! :cool:

Mike

Mike you will not be dissappointed with that truck. I work at a dodge dealershop and I really have to say that those new Cummins engines are proving to be extremly reliable. Your milage is above average though for only having 20K on the clock. Most guys are seeing 14-16mpg untill they get up higher in the milage. The trannys are also holding up just fine, which is a surprize to me since it has 600ft-lbs of TQ!

Not to mention those diesels really haul azz for such a big truck!

Guy