HybridZ

respond to post replies

Guest dragon

Guest dragon

the answer to all your replies is ,this is the second time i used a computer.i am new to this board idea.i am a 50 year old motor head.i do not have the time to spend on a computer all night(dial up).i thought maybe i could get some much needed help.sorry for being so nieve.i will look other places,thank you.

A part of the learing process, you just learned something! Most boards like this have rules that are posted and its important to read them before making your first post. Think of your entering a board for the first time as walking up to a group of people engaged in conversation. If you're the kind of person that starts talking immediately without listening to what everyone is talking about and how the conversation is going around the group, you won't be heard.

Also, every board has a personality. Some are tolerant and some can be downright nasty. HybridZ is somewhere in the middle.

Well, for what it's worth, I also am a 58 year old wannabe motorhead / bodyshop groupie that could not even figure out how to post my own photo on the site with a computer. Someone had to do it for me. However, prior to that, my first post/thread (Old IMSA Z flare / body kit) explains how I felt about the site then and certainly now. Later, I messed up my first classified ads, etc. and was very frustrated; but learned quickly that it was because I DID NOT READ THE CLASSIFIED RULES before I posted them, like I had read for the generic posting forums. Naturally, I goofed them up. MY fault, end of story.

the answer to all your replies is ,this is the second time i used a computer.i am new to this board idea.i am a 50 year old motor head.i do not have the time to spend on a computer all night(dial up).i thought maybe i could get some much needed help.sorry for being so nieve.i will look other places,thank you.

Well, let me say Welcome to the Board! Hybridz is the best one out there once you have the rules and what not down. This is a fanatisic site with lots of information. One thing I might add though is to turn off the caps lock. It is the non-verbal sign of shouting. Just an f.y.i. :-D

It's like doing a V8Zcar project. If you have the patience and thick skin, the rewards are imeasurable. If not, you'll never get her out of the garage...

Hang out, SEARCH on key words and ASK THE MODERATORS of the specific TOPIC FORUMS for help... we're here to help you, but you have to meet us half way by ASKING!

Hope you choose to stay and try harder...

Mike

I am also new to this site. I have done engine swaps in the past and I use this site mainly for ideas and to get examples of what has been done with a Z. I use the search feature for almost everything that I need to see. The problem that I keep encountering is that upwards of 75% of the posts that I locate contain dead links in them. It doesn't do any good to just tell someone to search the archieves if what you need doesn't exist anymore.

If you feel that people are taking up bandwidth by asking stupid questions then really take a look at what is posted everyday on here. Topics range from religion to Tour de France to everything for sale on ebay and sometimes direct threads dealing with the Z.

I think that sometimes we all seem to forget that we weren't born knowing everything, almost all of us had someone, at sometime, work with and mentor us along the way.

Just one guy's opinion.

Oh by the way- whoever didn't know what autometer was the other day needs to be banned.

I am also new to this site. I have done engine swaps in the past and I use this site mainly for ideas and to get examples of what has been done with a Z. I use the search feature for almost everything that I need to see. The problem that I keep encountering is that upwards of 75% of the posts that I locate contain dead links in them. It doesn't do any good to just tell someone to search the archieves if what you need doesn't exist anymore.

If you feel that people are taking up bandwidth by asking stupid questions then really take a look at what is posted everyday on here. Topics range from religion to Tour de France to everything for sale on ebay and sometimes direct threads dealing with the Z.

I think that sometimes we all seem to forget that we weren't born knowing everything' date=' almost all of us had someone, at sometime, work with and mentor us along the way.[/quote']

You won't find any new religious or political threads, those topics were just banned. The other stuff you cite was clearly from the Non-Tech Forum. Don't look in the Non-Tech forum for technical posts. Kinda self explanatory, but I felt it needed to be pointed out. You'll find all kinds of humorous or interesting stuff, but none of it is going to help your Z project.

The dead links thing is a problem, and that happened when hybridz switched the software a while back. All of the pictures that were on the site were erased at that time. A lot of people put their pics back on the new site, a lot of others did not. On at least two posts pictures that were no longer available were reposted by the author upon request. I posted pics of my diff parts, and 260DET posted pics of his roll bar for me as well. So if you come across a dead link and it's something you really want to see you might try replying to that post and asking the author if they still have and can post the pics again for you. Links to pre-switchover threads also don't work, and you're right, that really sucks sometimes. But another search will often turn up the info you're looking for... the link in the thread might not work, but the search might very well show both threads.