HybridZ

Project: Silver Bullet LS1 240Z Photos posted

Really nice and clean. I like the intake routing. One question tho' date='

did you use John's A/C kit?[/quote']

I decided to route the intake on the passenger side since it seemed less crowded. We got the intake stuff from JTR. Mike was very helpful with that. I also retained the fresh air ducts to both sides by enlarging the hole in the core support below the fresh air inlet.

Yes. I used the compressor and the mounts from John. I used an under dash evaporator from a dealer installed a/c unit from a 73 parts car. We sourced our own dryer and I have a condenser on its way from Vintage Air. We are making up custom a/c lines for it and will be using r134 refridgerant.

Still left to do:

1. Wait for Tach to return from John and install it and hope it works.

2. Wait for Abbott industries to return the cable-x speedo box and install it and hope it works.

3. Wait for Vintage Air to send the condenser, install it and hope the A/C works.

4. Install the front bumper and the grill, install the new console and the dash cap.

5. Wait for radiator over flow bottle to come in and install it.

Clean and detail the car and leave for the Z convention by Tuesday, August 16th.

A week and a day left and none of this stuff is is in my control. It is going to be a busy week.

I have been driving the car every day and it is a blast. I wish I had a tach and a speedo to know how fast I have been going and at what RPM.

It is all coming together and has been so worth the effort and the waiting.

I have never driven a car that I enjoyed this much before.

I loved my V8 510 but after driving this it was easy to let the 510 go. For those of you that didn't know, I sold the V8 510 yesterday. Now I have more $$ for stuff like big brakes and wheels/tires. These 14's won't last long with the LS1.

David' date='

Gorgeous engine bay. I've resisted getting the head covers but after seeing your I may have to succumb and get some. Really looks nice.[/quote']

Thanks. It took alot of hard work to get it to look as clean as it is. Most people that see it in person comment on how "it looks like it belongs in there"

I really like the head covers too. Gives it that finished look and let them know that it is a serious engine. Most people don't know an LS1 by looking at. They know a Corvette though.

If you don't like the Corvette insignia, I am sure you can fill it in and paint them.

I have a set of used black ones I will not be using, I am planning on putting them on ebay but if anyone wants them I will let them go for $50. I can post some pics.

I paid $100 for the pair of red ones on eBay.

The red ones were on the Z06 LS6 Corvettes, the black ones were on the regular C5 LS1 Corvettes. You do need to trim the one on the passenger side to clear the throttle cable but that is a 5 minute job.

Great looking car and beautiful engine bay. Let us know how the drive goes. I personally have not driven my car for more than an hour at a time yet.

Phantom, the reason the covers are not compatible is because you have supply and return lines on the rails and need two slits in the drivers side cover, not one. Personally, since I am building a psuedo GTO I think I will opt for those covers, silver and black. That comes after paint, body and interior which are still on my list.

Great looking car and beautiful engine bay. Let us know how the drive goes. I personally have not driven my car for more than an hour at a time yet.

Thanks. I have gone through 1 1/2 tanks of gas driving it the past week. I have mostly driven it around town but Sunday morning I went for a hwy cruise of about 40 miles each way and Monday evening I did another hwy cruise of about 30 miles each way. All times it has run great. I feel confident that it is road worthy and ready to make the 700 mile round trip to the Z convention.

I got all the parts back in time for the convention and the car is currently at the shop again so they can finish up the A/C and all the other stuff. I just hope that the Cable-x box that runs the speedo and the recalibrated tach will work along wil the a/c. If not, I will go anyway and use a friends GPS to keep track of how fast I am going. I will know more tomorrow.

here are a few more pics.

JCI A/C compressor

On_the_Road_240Z_LS1_and_510_godbye_051.jpg

Aeroquip FPR & Clutch Master Cylinder

On_the_Road_240Z_LS1_and_510_godbye_055.jpg