HybridZ

Q45 Vlsd!

ULISES

Guest Battle Pope

Since the topic is here and all that, just a simple question. On a scale from 1 to 10, how difficult is this swap?

I have a Q45 that's got a pretty beat chassis but the drivetrain's solid. If anyone wants it, it's for sale. If I can't sell it then I'll part it out and use what I can in the Z.

I believe there is some debate about the 2nd Gen Q's having R230's.

It might make sense - they quit making ZXTT's and had the R230's available, but I honestly don't know.

I do know I intensely dislike the looks of the 2nd Gen Q compared to the 1st Gens. and haven't really liked the 3rd Gens either.

Something really classic about the 1st Gen - almost Jaguarish....

Not the R200 or R230 conversation again.Lets just put it this way.What ever it is...It will hold up to the power the Ls1 or LS2 power for sure.It's been proven and tested.I dont know of anyone who snapped a shaft yet.Mas280 put close to 450HP at the wheels and 1.50 60ft's with no problem.

You almost have everything you need now.I'll hook up the billet bar and you need your axles and you got everything.Make sure you use lock-tite on the every single bolt you use on the CV's.I had to find out the hard way.

Hey John,

I just wanted to say thank's for all your help!

Not the R200 or R230 conversation again.Lets just put it this way.What ever it is...It will hold up to the power the Ls1 or LS2 power for sure.It's been proven and tested.I dont know of anyone who snapped a shaft yet.Mas280 put close to 450HP at the wheels and 1.50 60ft's with no problem.

You almost have everything you need now.I'll hook up the billet bar and you need your axles and you got everything.Make sure you use lock-tite on the every single bolt you use on the CV's.I had to find out the hard way.

Heys guys Im collecting parts for the R230/R200 short nose swap too. I got the diff and one set of axles. Can anyone help me get another set of axles and more importantly, where can I get the diff mount made or locate. I will buy asap! Can anyone fab one for me???

Terry

OK,after doing a quick search,I'm still a bit fuzzy here on VLSD swap info.Can the R200VLSD(Q45) carrier assy be swapped into a stock long nose 280Z open diff housing?If so can someone post me a link to that info?I aready have the following parts on hand.

1.a couple of spare long nose stock R200's

2.A Q45 vlsd r200

3.280zx CV axles

4.Access to another 91 Q45 car complete minus some body parts and dissasembled engine.

Given the parts on hand,whats my most cost effective way into a posi here?

I didnt know they would swap. The Q45 R200 will fit in a long nose carrier???Someone wanna verify that???. What about the pinion? Both are a 3.54 I think..also will my 280ZXT shafts plug in, or will the little 6 bolt stubs plug into the long nose like the short nose? Whoa, a can of worms has been released!?

Terry

I thought me being a newbie is why I had hard time understanding the R200 vs R230 thing but it seems like this comes up very often. Is there a way to every get it cleared up? I ask because I keep hearing different things on the site/threads. I guess I will watch and see where this one goes..... and I am def not complaining.