HybridZ

"240z" vs corvette vid

rudypoochris

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=ED6C6BD3-3BEA-4DA4-9BE7-5DF2239C632B&p=0

its not a 240z and i don't know what to say, just saw it so posted :)

NOTE: 2 vids added later, sorry the title didnt update :S

also neat z 3:00 into this one http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=BD2CE18B-1705-4AF8-9FA8-5A89104D52B1&p=1

guy crashes his 260z http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=C796B4E7-7F68-4E03-B4EA-199D6F6A3A11&p=1

Hate to badmouth a member, but that third video is one of my nightmares: young kids, fast cars and a video camera. A recipe for disaster IMO. Definitely ended up that way but at least no one looked seriously hurt.

Not getting judgemental. In my day it was pickup trucks, firearms and Jack Daniels.

And yes, that second one of the guys plowing the south 40 was sad.

I think Pop's point is that something is more likely to go wrong when someone is showing off for the camera, especially if the driver is young. I have to say I agree. Austin's new car looks incredible and he's obviously a talented guy, but I would suggest putting the camera in the new car at an autox or on a road course where going off the pavement rarely results in ending up in a ditch.

I like Austin, and think he's one of the good "kids" here on this site... That said, that accident could have been avoided, and is the exact kinda thing that keeps me up at night when my 17 year old is out prowling the streets.

Running six cars deep at speeds above the posted limit into a blind tunnel is not a good thing... the guy behind Austin shouldn't have been on his Azz, which is probably what totalled the car. The water in the tunnel, that's something you might want to expect, and the cars in front of him losing it caused any number of bad scenarios Austin was trapped in... Giving GAP between yourself and others in a scenario like that is the answer... We see this a LOT in sport bike related accidents... :roll:

These vids are only fueling the fire for more new Young drivers to go out and act stupid behind the wheel... The Primer 280ZX is a class example of something had waiting to happen. He almost ran over the camera man. :shock:

Finally, Don't post video online unless you want every monday mornin' quarterback on the planet reviewing and weighing in... Believe me, I know a thing or two about this one. Seen the vids of me at the track? :roll:

Mike :lmao:

I have watched a lot of the videos on the net. I enjoy watching them. But, if you have a library of yourself repeatedly driving in any illegal manner and you eventually have wreck, you will have no defense. An attourney will eat you up. If someone is killed and the videos you have posted on the net are played in court the jury will surely convict you. In the present atmosphere involving the crack down on street racing and the like you could easily get 20 years for vehicular manslaughter. I am not saying do not have fun in your car. We all have fast and great handeling cars here but do not advertise it for the world to see.

that tunnel was wet inside and austin was the only "kid" on the group. There were like i said 5 or 6 other adults who crashed in that tunnel at the same time. I know austin personally and he is a real cool guy and can drive really well

Not to belabor the point, but your statement is self contradictory. A “good†driver anticipates problems like a wet road being obscured by the low visibility in a tunnel and gives himself extra margin. Especially since he should realize his escape options are severely limited by the tunnel walls. The fact he got in a 6 car pile up and knows the other 5 drivers kind of makes this an impossible argument for you to win. I am sure his insurance company agrees with that statement.

Like I said, I am not putting myself above anyone else and I wish there were some way to make this point without anyone taking it personally. But if you are out screwing around in an uncontrolled environment like public roads and get bitten, then you are simply not a good driver. Period.

And the fact he would put such an accident to music and post it on the web says something else altogether.