HybridZ

Think my Scion xB can take a 100 shot ? lol

Guest ON3GO

like the title says think it can?

its a 1.5lt motor, 105hp stock.. wow!

has less then 10K on the engine, has a plastic intake manifold (LS1 style ahhaha) and i nice little stupid 5 speed behind it all.

think it can hold together?

got a NX fogger kit, fuel and nitrous.

have 50-70 and 100 shot pills, but only 100 is cool lol.

was gonna run say unleaded race gas like 110 or 114.

retard the timing abit and throw some drag radials that i can use on some stock steelie scion rims.

i think it would be funny to beat some modded civic si and walk right past him in my yellow box.

i prob would only... only do it a few times, just to get a few races in and laugh at ppl. or i could be the one that ppl laugh at when the block just explodes.

so whats your guys thoughts? yes i know its stupid but it would be damn funny.

14's here i come lol!

mike

I'd be concerned the thing would sling a rod through the block. That motor is doing a good job pushing that box around as is... Probably close to maxed out when you think about it. My son's 90 Civic hatch has a 1.5 Liter in it stock and that motor isn't much, and having rebuilt it once, You really see how fragile that motor is by looking at those tiny rod ends. Bet the Xb is the same. Low buck and low tech was the goal.

Mike

well i can get my hand some stock rods and pistons to see how weak they really are.

maybe ill do that before i put this kit on.

im sure those cv's wont like the drag radails either lol.

still wanna do it, would be soooo funny.

mike

p.s. nice avatar mike :)

No no No no no.. I have seen one of those motors apart, cheaply made, they were not built for huge addons such as nitrous, I would do a 50 shot and personally thats as far as id go with the motor bein stock.. the rods are not that thick at all. a rule of thumb I have picked up on nitrous was for stock motors you shouldnt try and squirt over 75% of the beginning power. Now this would also be a maybe when some cars have forged rods and pistons factory so it would change some, I personally will never squirt over 50% of the orginal power, so if your motor is making 105 hp I would never go over 50hp shot on it unless I had a spare motor laying around or unless it had a sweet set of rods and pistons I put in it!!

Its your car so you do what you like, but dealers nowadays have ways of telling if nitrous was used in your motor, and I can almost guarentee you they will think it if you bring them in a car that thrown a rod or two or burnt piston or something along those lines....expecially when its soo new and low miles...

Now on the otherhand Id love to see ya throw a 100 shot on it with drag radials. If you do please record it so we all can see it. but I am by far a psychic so I cannot tell you if it will or will not blow as every motor is different in one way or another but I personally believe a 100hp shot would dismantle that motor in no time at all...

Otherwise I love nitrous oxide I used to run it in my old 65 ford pickup that I thrown a 460 in, then I ran it in our 69 dart drag car before we went to an alcohol setup. But again do what ya like its only my opnion..

heh I can see it now.. Mike taking it back to the dealer.. uh.. I donno why the rod is sticking out of the block?? scratch scratch on the head.. oh.. that hole thats covored in RTV? uh.. I thought you guys did that for some reason? heh. Sounds like you will be playing with fire there dude. Just be carfull and if you decide to do it.. make sure the install is reversable.. like get a extra intake or something you can change out so you can return it back to stock.

A car mag did a test where they purposely tried to blow up a motor by going to larger and larger NOS systems. At some point, the engine is sucking all the air it can. Going past that point causes the NOS to come back out the carb, resulting in the backfire (actually explosion above the engine).

Not sure where that little engine falls, but maybe you should start with the smaller pills and work you way up to a 100 shot.

BTW, they were never able to blow up the engine since it was a mid 80's smogger 350 that wouldn't flow. They figured if they added some high flowing heads, exhaust and intake, than the NOS would have finally overwhelmed the bottom end.

The stock 4age out of a toyota mr2 has been known to handle a 75hp shot no problem. But every car that has tried a 100 shot only blew up either on the first run or second run. The 4age comes with 110hp stock so they are similar displacement and similar power but the 4age was designed in 85 vs the scions 02? I would try a 75 shot for awhile and see how the spark plugs and other parts handle it. Then one fun night with a AAA card handy try the 100shot:twisted: