HybridZ

News from Iraq

spdsk8r

Last night at 11:00 we received a call from a military representative telling us that our son (Marine in Iraq) was injured on a mission and that they would get back to us later today with more information. !!!!!! How do you go back to sleep after a call like that? At 3:30 this morning we received a call from our son. He was pulling convoy security for operation "Iron Fist", when his Humvee was hit by a IED. He was least injured as he was sitting on the drivers side back seat. The two in the front were both killed, the marine manning the 50 cal. had both ankles shattered. No word on their interpreter, who was on the passenger side rear seat. My son has lacerations on his right leg and hand, a mild skull fracture, burns on his face and fragments/oil in his eyes and a possible broken elbow. He is back at their home base to recuperate. He requested that we ask as many people as possible to pray for him and the other Marines in his unit.

My hear goes out to all military. I personally know 3 marines and 1 coreman that have been to iraq. Never a care free assignment. IED's suck man. It's a real bummer.

Hope & pray that your son has a complete and speedy recovery.

Any knews on this bringing him home sooner? I'd assume they're gonna ship him out of there once the next medic plane makes it's way by.

I wish the best for him, you and your family! all of you will be in my prayers!

you must feel so proud to have a son like that, to stand up for not only his country but for everybody in this world!

mike

Hope he makes a fully recovery! Thats the same thing I worried about when my bestfriend and now roommate was over there driving truck. Its a scary thought loosing someone so close to you!

Best wishes and tell him thanks!

Guy

Guest JAMIE T

Please be sure to thank you son for the what he is doing for our country. I don't personally no anyone currently in the armed forces. My dad was/IS a Marine and I respect him more than any man alive.

Thank you, everyone, Chris and his unit need all the prayers they can get. Just an update. Their interpreter was also killed. Chris' elbow is broken, it is the type of break that affects the nerves to his lower arm and hand. Right now he has very limited mobility/use of his hand. It's now becoming apparent that there is some hearing loss, also. The doctors give him excellent odds for a full recovery. The hardest thing he is having to deal with is the fact that he lost two of his buddies, and the fact that all three around him were killed and he walked away.

Again, thank you all for the warm wishes.