HybridZ

300hp L28Et

Guest zeh ex

I have a 83 280zx non turbo. My friend suggested that i get a l28et bottom end and take my current non turbo head and bolt it on then swap it in and get a boost controller intercooler and new injectors to get it to about 300hp. Is this wise and possible?or should i just go find a donor 280zxt and pull the whole engine out and swap it in.

• 3 weeks later...
upgraded turbo, bigger injectors, intercooler, good engine management, a fat wallet and a little patience :wink:

16psi on stock turbo, 2 extra injectors, intercooler and a 40 shot of nitrous will net that easy.

300whp isn't hard or expensive to make. You don't need a fat wallet either. :P

did the 280zxt come with an intercooler at all? or you guys just put bigger, better ones?

Nope, no intercooler. It's a bit of a pain to setup, but once you get it right, it's SUCH a difference. :)

I put down 262/324 @ 16psi on stock turbo. with just an intercooler, 3" exhaust and 2 extra injectors.

Nope' date=' no intercooler. It's a bit of a pain to setup, but once you get it right, it's SUCH a difference. :)

I put down 262/324 @ 16psi on stock turbo. with just an intercooler, 3" exhaust and 2 extra injectors.[/quote']

Yep, and then blew it up

We should just stop answering on this thread because it is totally worthless, but the N heads came with dished pistons because they had a small chamber. The P heads have a larger chamber so their NA engines came with flat tops to give compression in the mid 8's, and the turbos had dished pistons and P heads to give compression in the mid 7's.

Yep, and then blew it up

Actually no.

I blew it up after I upgraded to a 57trim. t3/t4 and threw more boost at it. :dunno:

When I pulled the old turbo for the new t3/t4 I checked compression, and it was 145-147 across the board. When I last did my dyno making that horsepower at 16psi I was 10:1 and below on the a/f.