HybridZ

Ran my car on the dyno today...

Chris240zTurbo

long story short it made:

234hp and 238tq @ 6psi (base wastegate spring)

324hp and 330tq @18 psi

and 372hp and 365tq @22 psi

I made the high boost run first, tried to do it in third gear, but it wouldn't hook up, so all runs were 4th gear.

for some reason boost dropped 1 psi from 23 while on the dyno, verified by haltech datalog

also weird was the AFR, on the dyno above 15 psi or so, the car ran quite rich, 10.8 or so, on the dyno WB and my LM-1, while on the street my LM-1 reads about 11.2 under the same conditions, different loading on the dyno maybe?

anyway, I'm happy with the power, for now, there's also some left, as AFR's were rich at high boost, and timing under boost was conservative, 24* or so under full boost.

I'll try to get the sheets posted, but I'll likely have to take them to work to do it, as I have no scanner.

60-1 T-4, racegate, spearco I/C, 550cc, 3" DP and exhaust, 2.5" i/c plumbing.(loads more stuff, but I'm tired) goodnight.

Chris

awesome dude! you still owe me a ride :D

i setup a date to dyno tune my Z at connleys (sp?) in a few weeks.. hope to put down some okay numbers for a pretty much stock setup.

mike

Thanks guys

the longblock is pretty basic, 88mm J+E pistons, o-ringed block with stock nissan HG, ARP rod bolts, schnieder "stage 1" turbo cam, and the head has a "street port" job, by a shop that charged me too much money, and is out of business now anyway... the rotating assembly was also balanced including flywheel and clutch.

73turbo, on3go knows all about this car, I believe he's also a friend of yours?

hey Z-Gad, do you have a part number for the cam that you had Isky grind for you? or do I have to call and ask for the "Gadwaw Grind"? :) I wasn't going to do anything else to the motor, but I'm only 28 away from 400 to the ground!

almost forgot, this was on 93 octane pumpgas

hey Z-Gad' date=' do you have a part number for the cam that you had Isky grind for you? or do I have to call and ask for the "Gadwaw Grind"? :) [/quote']

Chris, Nice numbers. I am impressed you could run that much boost on 93 octane. I know I can't. How is it that you aren't getting any spark knock? Any ideas why your setup performs so well on pump gas.

BTW, I am going to a larger Elgin cam so my current Isky grind and matching rockers are going up for sale. They are in perfect condition. Here's the link to the spec sheet. Let me know if you are interested.

http://home.comcast.net/~jgkurz/Z/cam.jpg

Guest 73Turbo240z
Chris' date=' Nice numbers. I am impressed you could run that much boost on 93 octane. I know I can't. How is it that you aren't getting any spark knock? Any ideas why your setup performs so well on pump gas.

BTW, I am going to a larger Elgin cam so my current Isky grind and matching rockers are going up for sale. They are in perfect condition. Here's the link to the spec sheet. Let me know if you are interested.

http://home.comcast.net/~jgkurz/Z/cam.jpg[/quote']

how much for the used cam? and how are the lobes?

also what setup was your engine when you ran this cam? how many miles?

Chris, Most often the fans used to force air into the engine bay aren't strong enough (Even the super duty high velocity units sold specifically for it) to get enough fresh air (Not stagnent from sitting to far back in a shop bay door) into the area required to see the most optimal numbers. Your datalogging probably caught that.

Sounds like real decent numbers to me...:2thumbs:

Mike :cool:

hey Z-Gad' date=' do you have a part number for the cam that you had Isky grind for you? or do I have to call and ask for the "Gadwaw Grind"? :) I wasn't going to do anything else to the motor, but I'm only 28 away from 400 to the ground!

[/quote']

LOL!! You are sooo close!!

I don't believe that there is a part # for it, but here is contact and spec info...

http://www.iskycams.com/

I spoke with Ron. He usually isn't in until after 1:30 pm Cali time

Specs are..

Intake 490 lift 276 duration

Exhaust 480 lift 266 duration

114* lobe center

44* overlap

mike

I'm really beginning to feel the heat now. As the only LS1 powered Z in the club I've been talking a lot of smack to the I6 guys just to get them riled up a bit.:) Now Chris comes along and puts down these kind of numbers and I'm in real trouble. His car is clean and so unbelievably stock in appearance it is a super sleeper but boy does it get up and scoot. The worst part, though, is that there are three other guys in the club running some seriously boosted L28's and they're all learning! I've got to start working on my excuses now.:eek2::cry2:

Let's see:

I'm 600 lbs heavier

uh, my air cleaner is dirty

uh, my e-brake is dragging

uh, oops I left the AC on - all that parasitic drag

uh, must have gotten some bad gas

uh, my engine warning light came on

uh, ?????

Thanks Fellas,

I only have a few minutes to get online here (think long and hard about "a promotion" when you already make good money)

Jgkurz, I suppose the reason I can run that much boost on pump gas is careful tuning, the first few months the car was running I would leave for work 20 or 30 minutes early, and datalog a few times on the way to work. I still think my tune is pretty conservative, and could be improved, I did no runs on race gas for the fact that I'd like my car to perform to it's max whenever I want. street car=pump gas!

Mike Kelly, I'd say you hit it on the head, ambient temp was 90* in the dyno room and maybe 75 outside, with one big box fan pointed at the nose of the car, so that would certainly explain it... BTW ditch that vette and build another Bada$$ z-car would ya!

I do now plan to order the same cam as Mike (Z-Gad), plus I think it's been long enough since the last one that the wife won't notice (it's hell being married to a certifiable "car chick" :) )

Clifton, your 73 looks AWESOME now, very stock Zish, only way smoother, I'll bet someone who wasn't a z-head couldn't tell what was different, just that something was... just like I like 'em!!!

all of you guys should see Phantom's car in person, I mean DAMN, it's nice, that LS-1 looks like it grew there, nary a wire or clamp out of place! and the interior is nicer than nearly any new car I've seen, no B.S. BTW Bill, don't feel too much pressure from us L guys, I'd hate to see a procharger or something sprout under there!!! also Greg Kring's 240 is super sweet, I need to take a picture and post it here (with all my free time!) lots of nice cars in the cowtown Z club...

I'll try and get the dyno sheets up, I have a couple days off next week...