HybridZ

Hey drift Z guys

240ZR

veritech: orrrrr maybe not. hahaha

240zr... isn't the SVT focus RWD? its a shame they discontinued it after producing so few of them. it was the only factory focus ever made that had some balls!

I remember reading an article in sport compact that said it had such a problem with traction that it produced better 1/4 mile times with three people in the backseat! haha

Before you get soooooo engrossed in DouRiftIng... Do us all a favor and go do a track day... My guess is you'll be so amazed by it that you'll actually want to learn how to do that instead of sliding a car around a track...

Just a thought...

Mike

I thought the SVT focus just came with a nitrous bottle that was disconnected, and a warranty that would be void the instant you connected your factory supplied nitrous? Maybe that was a different model. But yes, they were all fwd, however there exists a kit to BOLT in a 302, diff and all, with no cutting or welding to be done (so I hear). There was that one supercharged cobra powered focus that cost upwards of $100k to make, and was faster with 5 people than with 1 just because the power to weight was so rediculous it couldn't hook up, but I don't think it was anything more or less than an extremely well made one-off custom.

Mikelly: I'd do a track day in a heartbeat too, but since the closest track to me is Sebring (home of the 12 hours of Sebring) and not really that close, I haven't had a chance to do one yet. Plus i've heard it's like a few hundred bucks, which I can't really afford right now.

No, the SVT focus didn't come with nitrous. It had a slight engine tune and a suspension overhaul that was actually well done for a FF vehicle. There wasn't anything very spectacular about the SVT focus, as comparing a SVT mustang to a regular GT.

Now, I saw slight engine tune but output was increased from 130 to 170, but lets face it, that's still nothing special. 0-60 was rated at 7.3... yay

The focus has sold very well in europe and ford recently came out with a new chassis version of the car, and it's not making it's way to the USA, so instead it's only reciving slight modifications to modernise the look and will be put on store shelves and probly continue it's lackluster US sales.

There are also rumors that SVT is dead, but although there isn't much proof they'll be producing anything soon they're obviously the ones who built the GT500 if you've been following that development.

In my opinion the SVT focus was a faliure, becuase it didn't capture the import market and most of the people that bought them were muscle guys that wanted a daily driver or other american purists that wanted a weekend autox car.

Only car I've really drifted in events was a FF. Up to a certain point a FF can out drift a FR I remember when I was drifting with newbs in their ae86s at the track couple years back and my car looked better than theirs. People would always ask me is your eclipse AWD? I'd go nope F dori baby. Anyway its true you can't hold a drift for long and your dependant on how much speed you can get to carry you through the turn. You can do any drift in a FF manji, choki, inertia, powerslide (course it'll be understeering), etc... at least I have. Suspension setup is important in a FF car you gotta set it up for maximum oversteer or a good amount.

eclipse_02.jpg

So you were drifting at Irwindale on the oval? I know during the drift days they do it autox style so there's nothing to hit. A good beginner's drift car is a S13 its cheap, got decent power, lotsa parts, and relatively easy to drift stock, but that's what I've heard I haven't driven a S13 for like years and that was when I wasn't drifting but if all the other drifters use its gotta be good.

Here's an example of circle drifting gymkana style with a FF

You can do cool stuff like this in a FF also

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5358055751696287242&q=gemini

Ah, I knew I'd heard it somewhere. I always wondered why they never imported the Focus RS, the AWD turbo rally version. I KNOW a car like that would sell here. I once saw a focus wagon with the old 2.3 turbo engine set up in RWD configuration. Car ran a high 9 in the 1/4 mile with full interior and power windows still fully functional. I was really impressed with that one. As for drifting FWD, I'm not saying nobody should do it, but I'm just not into it. I only drive my front wheel drive altima because the car was given to me and my Z is not reliable enough to drive around all the time. Different strokes for different folks, I always say.