HybridZ

Help with a business class project...plz read

ASA240Z

Well I really didn't know where to post this, so sorry for the weird question...please admins don't delete my post...

Being in school, I taking classes for my major in business, obviously one of my classes deals with business. For my class, I have to come up with a pretend business and write up a business plan explaining why I am doing this. My teacher allows any type of business, so I decided to make a car parts business specializing for Z cars. In order to come up with reasons as to why I am doing this for my project, my teacher requires that I come up statistical data about the market place and the demand of the products I am selling. I need to know what type of Z most people have, what are they most interested in "fixing up" and where are the majority of Z owners located.

So in order to get this data I was wondering if you guys can help me out by stating what Z car you own, which state or country you live in, what motor you have and what you are most interested in improving in your car.

Thx a lot for helping me out

By the way, in my report I will not use any one's name or other privacy concerning things, all I need is stats in terms of percentages...

I live in Arizona. I own a 1980 280ZX with a stock motor (NA) and want to improve the interior (carpets, dash, seat covers, headliner) and door and window gaskets. I also own a 1977 280Z and I am putting a FI Ford 302 into it. I will be upgrading the suspension, the body (panels, body kits, paint) and the interior (same as the 280ZX) and motor upgrades.

Hope that helped. Have fun with the Business Project.

Mike

First: I'm Moving this over to the non-tech forum and leaving a trail for you back to this one. I think you'll get more responses there.

Second: When we started ZF Racing LLC, We did so because a specific need was identified...

"ZF Racing's goal is to provide complete adjustability to the original suspension design on early Datsun Zcars. Our goal at ZF Racing LLC is to make a product that will be fully adjustable in toe, caster and camber without removing the parts from the chassis."

"Parts designed by ZF Racing LLC will be durable enough to take the harsh beating most road race courses will povide."

You need to identify a specific need or service you have identified as the community needing. You then need to explain how your business will provide that service while making a profit. That profit must sustain the needs of the business while also paying all employees (Including yourself).

Hope this helps.

Mike

I have a 77 280Z

a 78 280 Z

Both with original motors.

I live in Oakland CA

I plan on making the 77 faster and better handling.

Oh, and I suggest using a free polling software online. I just used it and has hybriders fill it out. Check out surveymonkey.com You can format the questions the way you want and when it is all said and done you will have graphs and such to show your professor. It is easy, quick and free.

72 240Z w/ 383 chevy small block and T-56 trans. Located in San Diego, CA

78 280Z stock L-28 Located in Tucson, AZ

I would be interested in improving the high speed areodynamics of the car, maybe a more modern looking body kit than what is currently available.