HybridZ

r200 diff gold mine!!

Z-Monster

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R32 GTR is a 5-speed from the factory....however, I know Hollinger and OS GIken both make a 6-speed for the 32. I also know that the R34 transmission externally isn't much different than the R32. The shaft to the front diff is a tad bit longer on the R34 6-speed and the clutch assembly is a push vice pull....I believe.

Sean at RBMotoring has done this relatively easy conversion on an R32....he can give you the goods on how to do it.....

stony... in regards to the r32 gtr with rb26dett... we do get lots and lots of crashed track/drift/highly modded personal cars from japan' date=' so i cannot confirm if it naturally comes with a factory 6 speed or the half cuts have been modded like all labors of love should be...:) anyhow, i have spotted a number of them with 6 speed attessa's as well as 5 speed's... no concrete confirmation plus i'm not as studied on the matter as most of you here are.

cheers... enjoy the pics and feedback in more then welcome.

its all here.

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=14097

R32 GTR is a 5-speed from the factory....however' date=' I know Hollinger and OS GIken both make a 6-speed for the 32. I also know that the R34 transmission externally isn't much different than the R32. The shaft to the front diff is a tad bit longer on the R34 6-speed and the clutch assembly is a push vice pull....I believe.

Sean at RBMotoring has done this relatively easy conversion on an R32....he can give you the goods on how to do it.....[/quote']

There is a 6 spd kit for the GT-R 5 spd box. Here are the part #'s...

3200A-RR580 - R32 6 speed trans kit

3200A-RR595 R33 6 speed trans kit

what model z do you have??? if its a 280zx 2+2 then it bolts on except for the input shafts.. as you can see i had to machine the input shafts so that it would match my cv joints... thats why i took a picture of the diff under my car.. after installation... you will have to take the cv joints which comes with the diff and chop it off wherever you need the connection to be made to bolt up with your driveshaft/cv. if you have a 240-280z then you will need a diff cover which has the horizontal mounting screws to bolt onto your mustach bar..... i will replace or get you a diff that fits.. dont worry just tell me or take a pic of your current diff and i will get you the right thing. but the shipping cost is yet to be confirmed... so all of this might be for nothing anyway...:) sad but true.

if you have a 240-280z then you will need a diff cover which has the horizontal mounting screws to bolt onto your mustach bar..... i will replace or get you a diff that fits.. dont worry just tell me or take a pic of your current diff and i will get you the right thing.

If you are sure it will match up with the 240z-280z u-joint half shafts I would be very intrested in getting one. Can you check shipping to Oakland, CA 94618? Thanks!

For the record those long nose r200s are bolt in and all you need are the stub shafts that go in the r-200 with the halfshafts. (78 280Z with the r-200 stock)

just chuck the CV axles and plug in the haftshafts and your good.

But shipping on a r-200 (85LBS) from overseas is gonna be killer.. If you could get a crate of say 15 -20 at 100-150 bux a peice together someone could sell the ones they dont need and make some money out of it.

You pull the CV axles out of the diff then get the stubs that go into the diff that bolt up to the halfshafts. they are the same spline count and work great you just need to make sure you get them on the right side.

But then how do I bolt the CV shaft to the 240z/280z companion flange, or can I use a different companion flange in the 240z rear strut tubes?

But then how do I bolt the CV shaft to the 240z/280z companion flange, or can I use a different companion flange in the 240z rear strut tubes?

Here are 1 pair of what I belive are 84 to 89 stock z car CV's

cv2.JPG

and a pair of custom CV's I had made up using the 88ss VLSD diff stubs, and 81-83 turbo z car outboard wheel side CV portion, as described by James Thagard with his part #'s.

Im000698.jpg

In reference to an 87-89 300zxt CLSD now, those stock 84-89 cv's look like they would bolt right up to a 280z companion flange with the four bolt pattern, is the issue on the diff side with the splines then?

The 300ZX came with two different shafts. The NA 300ZX came with a outboard end with a 6 bolt pattern. THE NA SHAFTS ARE TOO LONG AND WON'T WORK IN AN S30. This is why Ross doesn't make an adapter for them.

The TURBO came with the 4 bolt outer end, and it is the only one you can use. It does require an adapter, because the bolt pattern is totally different than the stock halfshaft bolt pattern.

The 300ZX came with two different shafts. The NA 300ZX came with a outboard end with a 6 bolt pattern. THE NA SHAFTS ARE TOO LONG AND WON'T WORK IN AN S30. This is why Ross doesn't make an adapter for them.

The TURBO came with the 4 bolt outer end' date=' and it is the only one you can use. It does require an adapter, because the bolt pattern is totally different than the stock halfshaft bolt pattern.[/quote']

Thought the stock pattern was 4 bolt also... oh wait it is rectangular or something silly isn't it? Can a 300zx turbo companion flange attach to a 280z stub axle or is there spline count issues there.