HybridZ

r200 diff gold mine!!

Z-Monster

Hey brothers of the Z's

I have just aquired my third R200 VLSD diff. i found a gold mine of them while looking for them here in malaysia as well...since it was so difficult to find them here and i know its illusive in the US, Aust, and NZ i am offering anyone a chance who is interested for me to go get one for them as well...when i was there there were at least 5 in plain view of the mountain of diffs. I obvioulsy baught the best looking and feeling one for only USD100. There were R200 diffs that were finned as well as unfinned covers around.. there are all LSD type diffs. the only problem is i do not nkow the gearing and what car or yr they came out of. Also for those who are interested i will have to find out the shipping charges if any of you are interested... i'm sure a bulk buy will lower the price considerably.

These diffs are long nose 4 hole bolt type. Its a direct bolts in into my 1980 280zx. So guys, just drop me a line or call me if you are in malaysia... 016 230 4888... oh ya i can get you rb20/25/26dett very easily from here as well if yall are interested... I'm not a dealer, although I do work in the car industry. I'm a car enthusiast to the bone trying to help my fellow Z car brothers. So ask away and I will do my best in satisfying your queries.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the rb26dett the last time i checked which was a few months ago costs..usd3157. with my conversion rate being 3.8 Ringgit malaysia to 1 USD. that includes the whole front clip of a r32 gtr 6 speed gearbox, rear diff prop shafts, whole rear crossmember(brakes, shockes, etc) fuel pump and tank, with an option to swap the 6 speed attessa tranny for a br25det 5 speed already bolted on!!!. so everything complete for a comversion to a 4wd as well as if you wanna maintain rwd setup... then comes the shipping cost...that was only the retail price. the engine will start before purchase... no front end collission is exceptable when i buy a half cut!! that means intercooler etc is intact!!! :)

ok guys.. i have taken pix of the illusive diff we have all be talking about.. i dont think there is a difference with the asian, american, and european diff... just final drive gearing.. i just need instruction s as too how to post them in this thread... i have them and will transfer them tomorrow as i wanna go home now..:) i assure yall its abouthte same just that we dont use half shafts after doing the swap here.. mostly drive shafts...yall will see tomorrow.. so guys hang on to your panty hoses...;p

I could sell them to you for cheap, american registered I too expensive to registr here don have cash if you send a tittle more I could ship soon tomorow, no paypal, only western union wire funds immediately super double happyness. If you send $150 for each I could back $100 along with 3 diffs for use immediately.

:twak:

I could sell them to you for cheap' date=' american registered I too expensive to registr here don have cash if you send a tittle more I could ship soon tomorow, no paypal, only western union wire funds immediately super double happyness. If you send $150 for each I could back $100 along with 3 diffs for use immediately.

:twak:[/quote']

What the hell did he just say.....??

that includes the whole front clip of a r32 gtr 6 speed gearbox, rear diff prop shafts, whole rear crossmember(brakes, shockes, etc) fuel pump and tank, with an option to swap the 6 speed attessa tranny for a br25det 5 speed already bolted on!!!

The R32 6 speed is news to me. If they did indeed make a 6 speed for the R32, there would be a market for those here to, to the Skyline boys.

I don't belive there is such a animal except the R34 Gretag 6 speed

Guest rmarsh240zsr20det

Hi guys does anyone have any info on how to adapt a '82-'83 280zx t5 tranny to a bellhousing that will mate with my 98 sr20det s-14 motor or perhaps suggest another tranny that will mate with the sr20det that can handle the rigors of 1 hour road race events at 550 ftlbs and 500bhp?

Maybe you guys already know this but I'm almost 100% sure the VLSD units use different input shafts on the halfshafts. One side's input shaft is longer than the other due to the design of the VLSD. If you use normal z31/s30 half shafts I dont think they will fit right.

The SS has a VLSD and as a result has a unique set of half shafts. (I have one).

BTW. The infiniti J30, Q45, z32, and some other nissan models use the same VLSD which is available at some junkyards for $30. They fit directly in the standard r200 case but the halfshafts are different as I noted above.

If someone knows a good way to get around this let me know as lots of z31 people would love to use those VLSDs.

Hi guys does anyone have any info on how to adapt a '82-'83 280zx t5 tranny to a bellhousing that will mate with my 98 sr20det s-14 motor or perhaps suggest another tranny that will mate with the sr20det that can handle the rigors of 1 hour road race events at 550 ftlbs and 500bhp?

Wrong thread dude.... And search, I havent read the post but I bet you didn't search :)