HybridZ

Stolen Trailer Alert

jt1

My enclosed trailer was stolen last night. 2002 Haulmark Edge, 32' Tag, white inside and out, diamond plate floor w/heat & air. VIN 4XSGB32242G038028, wearing NC tag BF43542. Inside was everything you would normally take to the track with you, jack, jackstands, gas jugs, two craftman toolboxes with a very complete set of standard and metric tools, a spare set of circle Racing 16x8 wheels for a 240Z, spare tires for the trailer, my helmet, chatterbox, the reese hitch I pulled it with, lots of consumables, and a mopar 727 trans with a Gearvendors overdrive.

Stolen from Ellenboro NC, western part of the state, between 5:30 pm and 6:30 am last night.

I would really appreciate everybody being on the lookout for this, and letting me know if you spot it.

Thanks,

John

Sheeeeeiiiiiiittttt John... This absolutely Sux. One of the biggest fears I have with Buying an enclosed... I hope you get her back man, and I'll keep a look out for it.. Does it still have the damage on the Driver's side?

Mike

Thanks for the kind words. Mike, I had buffed the paint marks off, but you could still see a couple of creases in the aluminum. Mark, if I should find the thief, I can guarantee he will have a bad day, one way or another.

It just disgusts me, I'm pretty down on the human race right now.

jt

It had a hardened hitch lock on it, the type that blocks the ball from going into the hitch. I think they used a slide hammer to jerk the cylinder out of the lock, I found what I think are a couple of tumblers lying on the ground.

No sign of it yet.

jt

I read about some devices you screw on the valve stem, if the wheel turns it opens the valve and lets all the air out. It got a good review. I think it was in popular Mechanics. I'll try and find it. Hard to pull a trailer with flat tires.

If I find your trailer and the thieves you may have to hose the trailer out after it's return, if that's OK.

- Joe

No insurance. Last time I had anything stolen, I had a major hassle with my insurance co. The stolen stuff was at my business- where the trailer was- but they said it was personal property, so they wouldn't pay. My homeowners said since the stuff was stored at my business they wouldn't pay. I said if nobody's paying, I'm not carrying the insurance.

Actual value of the trailer and contents were probably about $14K, so a pretty big hit. The only reason the car wasn't inside was the streak of teen weather recently. No antifreeze in the car, so I unloaded it into the shop. Otherwise the car would have been inside, the last event was 12/2-3-4 at VIR and I hadn't started on a few mods I want to do over the winter.

I'm still remembering stuff that was inside daily. EVERYTHING you normally take to the track, plus ALL my tools. Major Suckage.

VRJoe, I've got a good pressure washer, so have at it. Try to avoid any holes in the roof.

jt

One other important aspect of a claim is your agent. When my camper was stolen from a storage lot, State Farm (auto) and State Farm (home) both pointed fingers at each other and said, "Their responsibility." Then both pointed fingers at me and said, "Not our responsibility." My agent (Doug Troxel, Brea, CA, 714-525-8400) stepped up and really went to bat for me. I ended up getting it covered under my auto policy and got a very fair price.