HybridZ

Who sells 1/2" spacers? NOT adapters...

Looking for quality 1/2" spacers(not adapters) for my 240z.

Also with 1/2" spacers would I need longer studs.

MVC-216F.jpg

I am really looking for something like in the picture were the spacer bolts to the hub and then the wheel bolts to the spacer.

Any suggestions where I can buy these.

Thanks!

Best deal I found was on Ebay, $140 for a set of 4 adapters (what you have depicted in your post). The guy advertises them as being specific to the Z pattern/center hole, and will make them any 4 bolt pattern/offset up to 2". Since his auctions only last a few days at a time, if you do a search for the auction title "Datsun Nissan 280Z Wheel Adapter Spacers Custom Built", you will go right to his auction for these. The seller ID is gotdubs20 & he seems to have good feedback on adapters.

There is also a seller that has Baer adapters:

http://stores.ebay.com/Speed-Unlimited-Performance

$46/pair for 1/2" thick.

Here is the information as copied from the ebay seller's last auction.

"Hello fellow EBAYER!! You are bidding on a custom set of 4 wheel adapters, spacers built to your order. This auction is for your 70-85 4x4.5 Datsun and Nissan Z cars, built to any other 4 lug you want up to 2" thick. Hub centric to the car only. (Hub Centric- meaning that I am going to build these to slide over your stock hub just like your stock wheel does, you will have no play or slop when putting these on your ride!) I build them hub centric to insure no vibration problems. I also give you a lifetime warranty with the adapters. I build all of my products out of 6061t6 billet alluminum. All of my products carry a 1,000,000 dollar product liabilty insurance policy!!! I can build whatever you need to whatever specs. I am known for making any wheel fit any car. I can build two piece adapters from 5 to 4, 6 to 5, 5 to 6, 8 to 10, 8 to 5...... I build all the spacers for all the largest wheel manufactures Giovanna, Momo, Axis, Symbolic.....the list goes on! DONT BE FOOLED by the other auctions they are cast made cheap products made in china!!!!! You can trust my adapters, you will be safe cruzing down the street knowing you have the best adapters made to man!!!!!!!!!!! i build all the adapters for all the Discount Tire Co's because they know I build safe adapters.....I have been building adapters for 20 years!!!! This is what I do... Give me a try, you wont be disapointed.

I can also do custom machine work on wheels, fill and drill, centerboring, back facing, drilling and inserting. I also chrome wheels and refinish them. I build all of my products in house on CNC Haas Machines. I also wholesale wheels and tires. I can get any wheel in the industry. Axis, Giovanna, Niche, Neeper, Foose....... Let me know what you want and I can help you. If you have any questions feel free to call my cell phone at 909 844 0942. Any emails sent at night will be answered the following day. Any emails sent over the weekend will be answered on Monday morning. Thanks, and good luck. Ask for J.R."

Oddly enough, I found a set of 4 lug 1" Baer spacers at Pace Parts (GM Performance Parts Dealer) :

http://www.paceparts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=19840

Baer's catalog lists PN 2000007 as being 1" thick, 4x100, 4x108, 4x114.3 patterns.

The price listed is $42.50, which should be for a pair.

They also have what you want, 1/2" thick PN 2000003 for $33.50:

http://www.paceparts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=19836

Oh yeah- studs- ARP at Summit Racing:

2.5" underhead: ARP-100-7708

3.25" underhead: ARP-100-7713

Both have the .509 knurl needed to fit the S30 Z car.

Just check the center hole on any spacer you get. The ones you get at the auto parts store are like .005" too small in the center hole. On my car I fought what I thought was a tire balance problem for a long time before the spacers started to crack and I finally realized it was the spacer, not the tire that was the culprit.

Guest 73Turbo240z

i know in the grand national my buddy and i have been building that we got longer studs from somewhere, i forget who made them at the moment, but moral to the story, running a upgraded longer "racing wheel stud" + a solid piece spacer seems more stable/safer than running a total of 8 lug nut/stud combo's per corner of the car with other spacer+adapters.

the biggest fear i have with those adapters is being like the videos i've seen where one comes apart, cause your screwed at that point and are along for the disaterous ride to follow...

is there currently a source for getting longer/upgraded wheel studs onto our Z's? i'd much rather do that than an adapter setup.

Guest 73LT1Z
Is there currently a source for getting longer/upgraded wheel studs onto our Z's? i'd much rather do that than an adapter setup.

;) Oh yeah- studs- ARP at Summit Racing:

2.5" underhead: ARP-100-7708

3.25" underhead: ARP-100-7713

Both have the .509 knurl needed to fit the S30 Z car.

I knew someone was going to ask that question here today, so I posted the answer yesterday :).

Guest Phil1934

is there currently a source for getting longer/upgraded wheel studs onto our Z's? i'd much rather do that than an adapter setup.

240-260 stud is 32mm. Quest van is 47mm and about $2. NAPA 641-2785

For the rear you have to go with the 2.5" Nismo racing stud at $8 each or change threads and nuts. Quest won't help others as much as 280 is 36mm and 280ZX is 40mm.

Guest 73Turbo240z
I knew someone was going to ask that question here today, so I posted the answer yesterday :).

lol i completely glanced over your post, read the 1st line or so and saw P/N's for spacers and moved on, good info!

240-260 stud is 32mm. Quest van is 47mm and about $2. NAPA 641-2785

For the rear you have to go with the 2.5" Nismo racing stud at $8 each or change threads and nuts. Quest won't help others as much as 280 is 36mm and 280ZX is 40mm.

alright, just so everyone is playing on the same playing field of measurement, i did the math...

stock 240/260 = 32mm / 1.2608"

stock 280z = 36mm / 1.4183"

stock 280zx = 40mm / 1.5759"

stock Quest = 47mm / 1.8518"

so theres what we have stock, then theres aftermarket...

nismo race studs = 63.5mm / 2.5" (where?) $128.00 + s&h (16 exactly)

ARP ARP-100-7708 = 63.5mm / 2.5" (summit) $47.80 + s&h (4 sets of 5)

ARP ARP-100-7713 = 82.55mm / 3.25" (summit) $63.80 + s&h (4 sets of 5)

so as it sits, you can get more real estate for less money w/ the ARP hardware. what remains to be seen though, is how do you determine what length stud you need? i'm god awful at figuring out the stats of offset/backspacing/etc so it all gets confusing quickly, especially when your trying for a specific stance look, meaing your spacer + FWD rim have to be matched well in order to not goof that up.

• 5 months later...

I hate to dig up such an old post, but is it generally agreed that spacers with longer lugs are better than adapters?

It seems to me like spacers could be more difficult to center if the inner diameter was not perfect for the car. Also, a longer lug will stretch more than a shorter one assuming they are made of the same material and same diameter. Then you have the wheel to spacer interface where the only thing centering the wheel is the lugs. The only thing supporting the lugs is the hub (assuming the spacer isn't hub centric and/or the spacer lug holes are slightly larger than the lug diameter), and that's now more than an inch or more away. Seems to me that all this would cause bending lug studs and wobbling wheels. Probably evenually ending in lug failure due to fatigue.

Adapters on the other hand if not hub centric are still centered by the lugs. The wheels are then centered on the adapters usually by another centering ring, but again also by the lugs.

It just seems to me that adapters would be more stable. Anyone care to comment?

Guest Speedyblue

As far as I have seen, most people use the adaptors. Spacers and long studs just seem like they would let too much flexing on the studs and also make it marder to keep everything alligned. Over here a lot of drifters use the bolt on spacers so if anything is going to test them out, that will. Can you say kerb... :wink:

My old boss used wheel spacers on his 911 race car that saw 170+. Lots of the Porsches I used to work on had spacers, I think some were factory. They were all lugcentric, FWIW. Nice thing about spacers is they are a tuning tool and varying the track width varies the grip on that end. If you get the bolt on adapters you're stuck with whatever width you bought.

If you're just looking to put Honda offset wheels on your Z as long as you get good quality stuff I don't think you'll know the difference. I remember Ross C posted a story about his ZX getting stolen and the theives ran it off the road. The car was totalled and I think it had quite a bit of suspension damage but the bolt on adapters were fine.