HybridZ

Constantly getting looks, comments, honks.

BrandonsZ

My Z draws more attention than any car I've owned previously. at least twice a week I pull into some shop or am sitting at some light and someone HAS to come up and comment, "I had that car in HS" or "You never see Orange anymore, nice car". A lot of times it is comments from kids, they like the look, size, color, sound. I've heard, "that sounds very healthy" and "I need an exhaust tip like that" - as if the tip is what is making the healthy sound. This car is an attention grabber more than a Porshe, Mercedes, Camaro, etc. AND of course every time I see another 240, the driver of the other car honks or waves etc. I'm still dumbfounded when I see a pretty girl in another car with who is obviously their boyfriend/husband give me the thumbs up or smile at me, or try to mouth something at me. I can't help but look behind me to see what the F she's looking at.

I mean really, I'm no GQ model, but in that car, I feel like it.

Anyone share in my observation?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remebere 2 summers ago when I first had it on the road after the LT1 swap...

I was driving through and intersection in the middle of town when some kid in a Cavalier jumps out of the window and sat on the door(he was the passenger) and started hooting and haulering and gave a 2 big thumbs up! It was crazy and the funnest thing I've ever seen while driving my car. I too miss that feeling but hopefully she'll be back on the road this summer!

Guy

all of my friends's parents love mine. turns out that 2 of them had Z's at one point in their life, one a 260 2+2 4spd, and the other a 140Z (210 with a hot 4cyl) The 140Z guy is from South Africa, and had his Z when he was my age. He always thinks about it before his daughter gets in the car with me...

Yeah, lots of comments at the gas station and parking lots.

My '73 pumpkin's body is far from perfect but surprisingly, just about every time i take it out, i get at least one comment and they're all positive! Took the Z to the Giants playoff game this past weekend (i know, i know) and it attracted a bunch asking questions, looking at the IC... etc. I guess it's the fact that they're pretty rare to see on the road here in NJ, but i love it.

I always get the "I used to have one of those!" comment...although they always guess its a 280Z, never a 240Z. A few months ago when I was driver my red 73 around this young guy in a civic hatch pulled into the gas station as I was pulling out, his eyes got so huge I though they were going to shoot out of his head and he just stared, mouth agape, while i slowly cruised passed.

I've only received one negative reaction, and that was from a guy in a big jacked up truck, he gave me a thumbs down. I was devastated and cried myself to sleep that night.... :)

Guest 73Turbo240z

i don't really ever get comments... but my girlfriend has remarked that shes getting jealous of the car on account that it gets people staring at me hard core.

i told her it was probally just the 3.75" downpipe going to atmosphere... but i don't think she bought it...

maybe it's just cause mine is poo brown... i got tons of compliments on my 78' and it was a hunk of junk comparatively to the condition of my 73'. very odd.

the best looks i get, are the dirty ones from the f-body and mustang crowd... it's like it's a unwritten rule that they can't praise the car till it hands them there ***... but then the exhaust note gurgling from beneath my car makes them think twice... very odd.

Guest tony78_280z

I bought my Z with a pathetic homebody attempt at a paintjob. And I got no love. I sprung for a cheap-o maco paint job and got hell-a love! Now with the rusting spots starting to be noticed, and the hold off the body flaws for now until I get the mechanical aspects fixed, again I get hell-a no love.

Peeps (people) see the paint, and they hear the exhaust. Thumbs up or down it is all about what you can see or hear. (And what they hear is what they think they should hear.) This is why the ricers with the nice paint and the tuff toned tips get all the praise. The know nothings only go that deep.

I don't normally drive my Z in the winter but I had to go to our place at the beach to meet a contractor yesterday and since it was almost 60 degrees, I decided that it was time for a Z car road trip. It is about 150 miles each way. I left yesterday at 10 am, stayed overnight and got back today around 3pm. In that time, I had a lady in an Explorer chase me for 5 miles. She was so excited to tell me she used to own a 280Z for 12 years. Then a guy at the gas station said he used to have a 240 and was sorry he sold it. A guy in a new viper gave me the thumbs up and rolled down his window to tell me what a nice car I had and how he used to have one. Driving home today I had about 7 or 8 thumbs ups from cars on the road, a guy at Dunkin Donuts that loved it and the topper was the young kids in a Honda that were taking pictures of my car as we drove down the road.

I love road trips in my Z. Got 26MPG for the trip too. Not too bad for a V8.

I feel your guy's pain...haha....My 81 280ZX gets looks from people of all ages. Just last week i drove past a group of kids and one of them yells out, "Nice car!" Also, yesterday I was showing the car to my coworkers and an older gentlemen was walking by, takes a look at the engine bay, turns around and was like "Is that a v8? Nice."

If only I could drive my Z more often...:)

Sean

Has anybody here gotten "Is that a Porsche?"

ya all the time.

i got from a few dumbass kids "is that a old mustang..." ..YA a really nice looking one dumbass!

but the porsche and ferrari i got alot when i drove mine.

i never got one bad comment ever sense i owned my Z's.

1st day i got my green Z and drove it to the store i had a guy like pace me for like 10mins just staring at it.. it made my day and that green Z looked stupid as hell when i got it.

i get all kinds of ppl come up to my blue Z at work and just look at it for min's on end.

i SOOOO miss driving my Z's.

mike

Yes, another ton of comments this week, it must be the color and relative shininess, although it's far from showroom condition and I just got another ding on the driver door like someone must have dented their door making it.

I'm so glad it gets good enough gas mileage to make it my daily driver. 18 city 27 hyway.