HybridZ

Let's talk mileage.

BrandonsZ

I think mine is now tuned enough to talk turkey.

27mpg hiway @65 (no showing off, light throttle to enter the freeway)

19mpg city and limited hiway (driving to work daily always showing off especially to get on the hiway and to test the secondaries for mechanical soundness) Still can't make it a week without messing up what a non-showing off test would be.

16mpg pure city and showing off

Engine

I have a pre-LT1 350 with edelbrock performer heads, edelbrock performer intake, edelbrock avs 650cfm carb set 3/4 turn out both sides from "best lean" for idle otherwise stock nominal jets and rods.

Base timing set at 14

Spark gap .035

Vac advance on full manifold vacuum

MSD stock weight advance.

2000 miles all new.

Exhaust

sanders 1.75" shorty headers to 2.5" dual exhaust to 3" single exhaust through a high perf cat, a spiral baffle resonator and a Delta 40 muffler. (Still loud)

Tranny

LS1 T56 adapted to said engine. .50 6th

Diff = stock R180 3.36:1

Tires = Stock steel 14"x5" rims with goodyear standard P185 75 R14's.

Misc

No body mods.

Clean paint.

You?

26mpg Hwy @ 75-80mph with a little showing off and a few blasts up to 120mph.

20mpg mixed city and some hwy with lots of fast blasts and some showing off.

10 mpg at Summit Point Raceway for a track day.

Engine

2002 F body LS1 Stock. No tuning yet.

Air intake

K & N cold air intake

Exhaust

Sanderson 1.75" shorty headers to 2.5" dual exhaust to behind the trans and then to 3" single exhaust back to the muffler.

Tranny

LS1 T56

Diff = Nismo R180 LSD with 3.54:1

Tires = Mileage shown was on 195-60-14 Falken Azenis tires on 14" X 7" Konig Rewinds. I just got a set of Panasports 16" X 7" with 225-50-16 Pirelli Tires so I may have to repost after a road trip.

Misc

Shaved emblems, euro bumpers and taillights.

Clean paint.

You?

Haha, damn! You guys beat the HELL outta my old L24! My SU's are leaky through the throttle shaft so I have to run them at around 3 turns out to remain driveable. I get about 15 city and *maybe* 20 highway on a long trip. I do pass CA smog at the pipe with flying colors though (even though I don't have to)!

1973 240z

L24, twin SUs ('72), custom airbox, custom balance tube

ZX elec. dizzy ('79)

stock 4 speed tranny

stock R180 3.36

American Racing mags, 215/60/14 yokos

very poor paint

(currently saving $$ for L28et)

You?

The best I ever did was on a trip from Reno to Vegas in my 71 z. Everything in the car was stock - averaged almost 90mph on the trip and got 30 mpg. It was a fun trip.

After I changed over to a mild performance cam and triple mikuni's things went downhill. From Vegas to Battle Mountain I think I was lucky to get about 10 mpg.

41mpg highway

36-ish city

bone stock 290,000mile 1989 Honda Civic w, busted front bumper, tractor headlight (literally), no radia, no cruise, manual and annoying exhuast.

DD.

approx. 22mpg highway

approx. 15mpg city

92 5.0 HO swapped (some work) 94 F-150. Leaking off pressure at the TC and pump which is killing my mileage. Id assume around 25/18 running properly. We'll know for sure come mid February.

and the Z.. Is still a shell. So, really, it gets great gas mileage, cause its driven about 200miles since December and hasnt used a drop. Hell, it doesnt even have a gas tank.

82 ZXT, T3/TO4E turbo, 370cc injectors, 60mm TB, Intercooled, 3.7 LSD with B/W Tranny, 200k stock bottom end, still unfortunately stock electronics, city mileage is 18mpg and highway best was 29mpg, average highway is about 26mpg.

Guest tony78_280z

16-19mpg (highway, with the 16 getting on it more frequently) in my 5.0L 280z 2+2, with holley vac 2nd, and 700r4 (4 speed automatic) tranny. Hopefully this motors days are numbered as I'll be installing my 5.7L soon. I expect my milage to go up with this motor as it has higher CR, true dual plane intake manifold, and better heads. (we'll see though) I also expect to increase my mpg when I install my rebuild quadrajet.

My 383stroker equipped Z was running the T56 Tranny, a BG 750 race carb, singleplane high rise intake, and 3.70 gears turning over 26.5inch tires. In 6th gear on the interstate cruising at about 80MPH I'd get around 22mpg. I would have gotten better, but the cam/carb/vacuum issues precluded the car from running properly at lower cruise RPMs. I'd maybe done better with it in 5th gear instead of 6th. Who knows.

I've seen over 30MPG in the C5 w/LS1-T56 combo and 26inch tires turning stock 3.42 gearing. With the current 445flywheelHP I'm seeing 27.5-28mpg on the interstate cruising at 78mph. In town it falls off to 23-24mpg if I behave. Yea, like that happens! :roll:

:lmao:

Mike :cool:

Not to be a butt - but - I don't believe any of these numbers. I have seen no standard for determining fuel consumption on any of these posts which means, at best, everyone is probably doing it differently and, at worst, folks are just "swag"ing off their gas gauge and odometer - or even worse yet, using the average MPG that the computer generates on newer cars. I've found that number to be as much as 20-25% higher than actual.

To ensure accurate information I "top off" my tank at every refill. That's the thing that all the gas stations tell you not to do to eliminate fuel spillage. I fill the tank right up to the inner lip of the inlet pipe so I know I fill to the same level +/- 1/4" every time. I reset my odometer each time and record the fuel to the nearest 1/10th of a gallon. Even then it varies by as much a +/- 1 mpg based on driving conditions.

This is usually a lot more effort that most folks are willing expend so it seldom gets done this way.

Not to be a butt - but - I don't believe any of these numbers. I have seen no standard for determining fuel consumption on any of these posts which means' date=' at best, everyone is probably doing it differently and, at worst, folks are just "swag"ing off their gas gauge and odometer - or even worse yet, using the average MPG that the computer generates on newer cars. I've found that number to be as much as 20-25% higher than actual.

To ensure accurate information I "top off" my tank at every refill. That's the thing that all the gas stations tell you not to do to eliminate fuel spillage. I fill the tank right up to the inner lip of the inlet pipe so I know I fill to the same level +/- 1/4" every time. I reset my odometer each time and record the fuel to the nearest 1/10th of a gallon. Even then it varies by as much a +/- 1 mpg based on driving conditions.

This is usually a lot more effort that most folks are willing expend so it seldom gets done this way.[/quote']

I fill it till I see it in the pipe. Every time. and reset my 1972 trip meter which is calibrated eceltrically through a converter. I paced my wife's ES330 at 70 mph, she was going 70 (which is where I cruze the hiway I'm not much for speeding here in So Cal. CHP is pissed all the time!), it said I was going 69-71 depending on which bump I hit or if I had the blinker on. And I go the same distance to work in my Z as I did in my 1990 240DL so three cars spanning 34 years have to be wrong to be off.

Is that good enough?

Phantom, That's an "Azzumption" that I'd be careful making. With my previous 383 stroker setup, the filler was in the floor of the rear hatch. It was a fuel cell cap and you basically had to pay real close attention or you would overfill it like a gas can. I filled it to the brim EVERY time.

With the Vette, I drive it so much that I do the math and top it off every time and I check the mileage against that of the computer built into the ecu, which calculates the average. My math is always within half a mile per gallon of the ECU.

Mike

I just drive until I need gas, fill up, drive like H***. Gas mileage is anything from 8 to 23 depending on my mood. With the LS1 and 36 lb injectors, cam, 90mm TB all it takes is a couple of hard runs to 100 and you can watch the gauge go down. It takes fuel to make power, and I run it a little rich on purpose (Flash Scan Tunning).