HybridZ

Anyone running Weld Draglite wheels

Guest zfan

I am looking at possible purchasing a set of Weld Draglite wheels or Konig rewinds for my 240Z. I currently am running Konig Monsoons with the adapters.

I drag race the car and have to constantly swap wheels and adapters out and am sick of it. I have slicks for serious racing but have purchased a set of 235/60-15 Mickey Thompson drag radials for all around use.

The Welds and Rewinds have zero offset so I could run my drag radials and be done with it once and for all. No more swapping all the time.

Do the 15" rims clear the brake upgrades as I have installed the 300Zx/toyota vented brakes up front and the 240 SX brakes with 300zx rotors out back.

Anyone looking for some Konig Monsoons 2- 17x7's and 2 16x7's with adapters?

Mike

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike' date='

PM "Whiteboy". He's got a 9.5 second SBC Z and he's got some draglite experience. He's in Ft.Worth.

Bill[/quote']

Bill,

I am friends with White Boy (Chris White) He is selling the silver Z by the way. Use to belong to a guy named Jason. I tried to talk him out of a spare set of the draglites but no deal.

I went out on a limb and purchased the rewinds in a charcoal/silver lip wheel.

I really like them so we shall see. By the way a 235/60-15 is not too tall as I have run them before, ask Bill he has seen them on my car.

I just rolled the fender lip and went to Ground Control 8" coil overs in the 250 lb rate and love them. I was worried about the ride but was pleasantly suprised.

I rolled the lips and went to coilovers so I could run a 255/50-16 Mickey Thompson drag radial but opted to go 235/60-15 as the fit was just to dang tight.

Thanks Bill, Hope to see you around again as it has been awhile.

Mike

Mike,

I've been trying to get the car sorted out so I can get back on the track. I've got some brake work and a CV upgrade I really need to do before I abuse it again. I finally proved to myself that the half-shaft universals aren't the way to go - or else I need to magiacally eliminate the wheel hop I get. For daily driving it's doing fine but I want it 100% when I hit the track with it.

Are you going to be at Texas Motorplex on the 25th? I thought about going down and looking around but figured that there would be so many people there it wouldn't be worth trying to run anyway.

Bill

Bill,

Yes I will be there for the Drag wars: Imports VS Domestics on the 25th but doubt I will run my car. Probably going to go run her at Kennedale on sunday the 26th for the spring cruise put on by DFWStangs!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Im running draglites up front and have to use a 1.5 inch spacer to clear the brake calipers. i upraged to z32 rotors and calipers and was very disappointed to find out the wheels would not clear the calipers. I'm going to eventually invest in a set of custom bogart wheels to maintain the draglite appearance and still clear everything.

I thought draglites didn't come in the right lug pattern. Is this custom or did I miss something?

I'm interested in knowing about this.

The 4-lug mustang uses the same bolt pattern as the Datsun (4x4 1/2), so draglites are available for us as well.

The 4-lug mustang uses the same bolt pattern as the Datsun (4x4 1/2), so draglites are available for us as well.

HALF CORRECT The 8 hole weld wheel fits both the 4 lug mustang and the Z

they just use different holes on the same wheel.

EDIT:

Mustang is 4 x 4 1/4 Datsun 4 x 4 1/2

X2

I jumped all over the graphite Konig Rewinds! I love the look. 2nd choice were the draglites. My rewinds are only 13-14 lbs each and the color(graphite) looks great with my Pearl purple paint.

Mike

Guest ON3GO

draglites arent the best for street driving.. one pot hole and your done for..

got some draglites for the rear of our project car.. used and pretty out of true but they will work.

mike

I'm using rodlites, and have previously used draglites, for plenty of street driving with absolutely no issues. Paul Corson with the silver car/blue flames from reynold's also uses these wheels on both drag and street cars. he's never bent a rim either.

• 3 months later...
I'm using rodlites, and have previously used draglites, for plenty of street driving with absolutely no issues. Paul Corson with the silver car/blue flames from reynold's also uses these wheels on both drag and street cars. he's never bent a rim either.

What size are you Weld's (width & backspacing) front and rear? What size tires (front & rear)? Are you running coilovers?

I will be going with either the rodlites or the draglites for project_bbz.

I think your car looks awesome by the way.

Thanks dude.

Thanks for the complement:)

My rear wheels are 15x8 with 4.5" backspacing. My current tires are 26x10 Mickey Thompson Sportsman Pros. I previously used a 255/60-15, but they rubbed a bit too much. I'm using 280 strut assemblies on the rear with suspension techniques 240 lowering springs and tokico (non-adjustable) cartridges. This raises the rear of the car by about 3/4" to 1 inch, providing adequate clearance for my tire size. I could get away with running a 27" tire on the rear if I was using the tokico adjustables. I have rolled the fender lip. If i hit a large bump or dip in the road, I have heard the tires hit the top part of the rear inner fender lip.

My front wheels are 15x6 with 3.5" backspacing. The tires are 26x7.5 Mickey Thompson Sportsman Fronts.

Paul Corson, whom I mentioned above, uses the same wheel and tire sizes as me, with similar suspension changes (I learned about the 280 strut assemblies with 240 lowering springs deal from him). He does, however, have 15x4 wheels on one of his cars with the same size M/T Sportsman fronts. I think the backspacing on those is 2.5", but I'll have to check with him to verify.

Thanks for the complement:)

My rear wheels are 15x8 with 4.5" backspacing. My current tires are 26x10 Mickey Thompson Sportsman Pros. I previously used a 255/60-15' date=' but they rubbed a bit too much. I'm using 280 strut assemblies on the rear with suspension techniques 240 lowering springs and tokico (non-adjustable) cartridges. This raises the rear of the car by about 3/4" to 1 inch, providing adequate clearance for my tire size. I could get away with running a 27" tire on the rear if I was using the tokico adjustables. I have rolled the fender lip. If i hit a large bump or dip in the road, I have heard the tires hit the top part of the rear inner fender lip.

My front wheels are 15x6 with 3.5" backspacing. The tires are 26x7.5 Mickey Thompson Sportsman Fronts.

Paul Corson, whom I mentioned above, uses the same wheel and tire sizes as me, with similar suspension changes (I learned about the 280 strut assemblies with 240 lowering springs deal from him). He does, however, have 15x4 wheels on one of his cars with the same size M/T Sportsman fronts. I think the backspacing on those is 2.5", but I'll have to check with him to verify.[/quote']

Awesome.

How much room do you have between the rear tires and the rear springs? I ask because I wonder if the tires would tuck up under the car alittle more if I were to run a 4.5" backspace w/15x8" rims. I am planning on running 235/60/15 Dunlop rear tires (26" tall).