HybridZ

Where can I get a good deal on a helmet?

80LS1T

Thanks for the offer but those are a little out of my price range. I am looking for something under $200 with an SA2000 or better rating. I didnt really see anything on that page that fits this description but thanks for the offer!

Guy

I had a $1.5m Arai once, but then I highsided my bike at Willow Springs and now it's only worth $750,000. Hahaha!

Seriously though, $200 is cheap for a Snell certified helmet. Check out HJC, http://www.hjchelmets.com or KBC, http://www.kbchelmets.com They will have something in your price range for a fair quality helmet. KBC is the largest motorcycle helmet manufacturer in the world; they make most of the private label brands in the motorcycle industry.

The KBC TK8 seems like a good deal but when it says "Meets or Exceeds All major worldwide safety standards and tests" does that mean that its atleast a SA2000 rating? I am unfamiliar with the rating system and I can't seem to find out if this helmet is up to the level I need? Any help on this would be great!

Guy

I doubt it. Motorcycle helmets are built to Snell M approval, not Snell's SA approval. That's what makes helmet shopping so hard. You can't just run down to the motorcycle shop and try one on, because they have the wrong rating. I'd call them before you order.

I doubt it. Motorcycle helmets are built to Snell M approval, not Snell's SA approval. That's what makes helmet shopping so hard. You can't just run down to the motorcycle shop and try one on, because they have the wrong rating. I'd call them before you order.

Actually, that's exactly what I did, but it was for a HPDE. Sometimes, if you look closely at the rules, you can use either/or.