HybridZ

Ordered the motor on Monday the 3rd of July, picked it up at the local Chevy dealer today, Thursday the 6th. FedEx is delivering the TKO and bellhousing tomorrow, and the JTR headers and radiator should show up Monday.

Hot damn, this thing is too pretty to install in a car. Now to figure out what all the plug in connectors and hoses nipples are for. Funny how they can sell such an expensive engine and the only documentation they send with it is the manifold torquing sequence (in 5 or 6 languages no less).

crate_off_truck.jpg

motor3.jpg

Open_crate_motor.jpg

Look what was waiting for me when I got home from work

tranny_delivery.jpg

Some assembly required:

tranny3.jpg

I ordered this with a Keisler modified HTOB. Looks like they ground the ears off an OEM unit to make it fit. They even shaved off half the hydraulic fitting hole. Uses a single line to the bearing, and needs a bleed valve outside they housing. They claim it bleeds fine this way. Let's hope so.

Thanks. Time frame is whenever I can get it done. Unibody is going to have some issues. The original plan is to get it driving and do the chassis bracing as part of a restoration next year (or next). But looking at this thing, may have to move that one up.

I am telling you, this thing is one pretty hunk of metal. I want to make a coffee table out of it.

Pop N Wood, is that going to require an engine control computer, if so what kind? Just curious, I like the idea of the carburation.

MSD and Edlebrock make one specifically for this engine

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?lang=-1&catalogId=10002&storeId=10001&categoryId=28917

Should be pretty sweet. Has a built in rev limiter, nitros retard, MAP sensor connector and can have the spark curves adjusted through plug in modules or a lap top (using free software)

GM also makes a distributor drive that replaces the front timing cover, and retro valve covers for that first gen SBC look.

http://www.paceparts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=180629

I prefer the coil pacs and MSD controller.

• 5 weeks later...

About the TKO,

You had kiesler mod it? what made you think you would need the modifications?

I have every single part figured out for my swap except the tranny.

I have no clue what im doing, but i have been lookin towards the a tko.

Have you got it installed yet? hows everything workin out?

is that the $2000 kit? + bellhousing?