HybridZ

Super Datsun w/IMSA flares is finally home!

Bob_H

So I promised pictures of my 240Z once it was painted and in good sunlight,(and of course washed).

For those questions sure to be asked:

It is a 72 240Z with the older IMSA flare kit and G-nose. It had some significant detail work done to the flares to make the nice edges around the wheels,(instead of a sharp edge). You can see older threads, or my webpage below for pictures of the car when it was purple. I'll try to attach the pics, then post them.

The name "Super Datsun" was coined by some friends when I first got it. It has stuck and is an easy way to differentiate between this and my 73 Z.

The wheels are 17x10 front and 17x12 rear CCW's with 275 fronts and 335 rears. You can search for the offsets - it has coil-overs and they "just" fit. Those are the "street" tires and the race slicks are on 18x11 and 18x12 rims. You can see with no engine in the car, it does sit a inch or two higher than normal. And I didn't have time to properly crop the pictures, so please forgive the "extra" stuff in the background.

Feel free to save this as a desktop - but if you want to post it on a website, please shoot me a PM or an e-mail asking - you can pretty much expect me to say yes. I just don't want it used for promotional purposes w/o me knowing.

It is awaiting my RB26 so it can have some fun at the track. I'll answer what questions I can - lets just say its great to finally have it back. The guys who painted it are top notch. I have intentionally been very laid back about them finishing because it has worked out ok for me with my Navy deployments/commitments as well as all the house work. Their timing was actually spot on.

Anyways, a few shots - and take a close look at the hood shot...:)

You know, I just realized that these shots are all smaller in resolution to fit the attachment maximums. If you want a full 2mb pic, shoot me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send it your way. Just say which one or if you want a particular angle.

-Bob

Driver rear_thumb.JPG

pass front_thumb.JPG

Rear_thumb.JPG

ghost2_thumb.JPG

I used to dislike body kits on a Z in the past, But I really, really, like the yours turned out. The body/paint work look fabulous. I admit that I don't know jack about RB26's, but the one J. Soileau posted looks simply wicked and would look great in your Z! Good luck!

You'll be needing those wide tires on the rear if you put any kind of upgrades into that RB!

600 or 700 hp in a 2400 lb car would be absolutely frightening... ;)

And don't feel bad, one of my car's is approaching it's 19th month in paint jail...