HybridZ

Who makes decent hub-centric spacers?

blue_leaf

I am looking at getting some custom wheel spacers made for my 240Z. So far i have decide to use-hub centric bolt on 43mm spacers, but am having some trouble finding someone who would make them or sels them in similar width (anything from 32 to 50mm will do really). So my question goes - does anyone know who would make such spacers? What is the size of the correct centre hole for 240Z?

I am in Australia so an Australian machine shop would be prefered, but I might consider importing the spacers from US depending on price - so throw out your ideas:burnout:

I'm looking for the same thing but in the us...there is someone on ebay who makes them...he wants 240.00 for two 20mm and two 30mm...hub and wheel centric...140.00 for just hub centric...anyone w us ideas please post also..thanks

same price for the sizes you need blue leaf...maybe if we bought them together he would cut a better deal..ha

I'm looking for the same thing but in the us...there is someone on ebay who makes them...he wants 240.00 for two 20mm and two 30mm...hub and wheel centric...140.00 for just hub centric...anyone w us ideas please post also..thanks

same price for the sizes you need blue leaf...maybe if we bought them together he would cut a better deal..ha

I would be more than happy to organise a group buy with you and anyone else interested:) but lets here what other options we have first.

Johnc i've read that and know the rear dont have hub to ride on..but i run a set of enkie rs6...i think that's right...17in...as do some others on this site...that have to be spaced out some...I'm having vibration problems "up front" when i run the cheap autoparts store spacers....whats the fix??? I think pushing them out w out using a wheel centric spacer is letting them perhaps get out of round/off center of the hub...advise would be appreciated..thanks

I'm having vibration problems "up front" when i run the cheap autoparts store spacers

You need wheel spacers that are tight on the lugs - the kind with the exact wheel bolt pattern because of the lug centric requirement.

The auto parts store spacers are just barely too small. It's so just barely that I didn't even notice and I spent months trying to chase down a wheel balance problem. I finally figured it out when the spacer cracked. Got some lug centric spacers from Coleman Racing and that solved that problem.

Coleman Racing has them or there is a guy on ebay that makes them. They're always on ebay and you can pick your thickness and he machines them up.

Is this the guy on ebay that you are talking about?:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/25mm-HUB-CENTRIC-Wheel-Spacers-WRX-STI-200SX-S13-S14S15_W0QQitemZ330016159732QQihZ014QQcategoryZ43808QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also if you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost you to get those spacers made by Coleman Racing?

I didn't realize you were on the other side of the planet. That ebay link is not the one I was referring to. I was talking about a lugcentric spacer. I checked Coleman's website and couldn't find the spacers there. Maybe they don't carry them anymore. Basically it is a piece of aluminum plate that has been cut into a donut shape with 4 12mm holes drilled in the correct pattern. Being that you are in Oz, it would probably be most cost effective for you to find a local dealer or a machine shop that could make some for you. You will need longer studs to use a lug centric spacer. ARP makes a 2.5" long stud, part number is ARP-100-7708.

This is what I did when installing wheel spacers. I actually replaced my stock wheel studs with 1/2" x 3" Morroso wheel studs, which required enlarging the stud mounting holes in the hubs to fit the new studs. I turned my own spacers from 6061-T3 aluminum and bored the stud through holes on a milling machine with an indexing table, to insure concentricity. I purchased the chunk of 6061 round stock from a metal surplus store for $80.00....a bit cheaper than from a metal supplier at around $200.00 for the same size chunk and same grade alum. The spacers slid over the new studs perfectly and without any play.....all was perfectly in alignment. The difference between the original 12mm studs and the new 1/2" studs was insignificant and my wheels slid right on without resizing the wheel stud holes. My widest spacer (F) is approximately 28.5mm. I have experienced zero issues with this method.

My brother Jerry had a set made / machined when he was running the 300zx 15" rims on the Z-car 240, when we first bought the slicks. I think they are about 1 inch thick. They are machined in such a way the go on the drum brake and the ridge sits in them, kinda like help locking it. We used long studs 7/16 1/2 pitch racing studs to hold everthing tight. They worked for us. He is not using them any more. Pm him and see what he would want for them. I can not remember what he paid for them.

A local machinist made them for him.

John

• 1 month later...

when i got my car, it came with 15" enkei meshes, they didnt need hubcentric as they fit snug onto the hub. when i got my new rims, there was about a 1cm difference in diameter between the wheel hub opening and the Zcar hub, i didnt get any hub centric spacers, just used the bolts to center the wheel and it runs prefectly smooth, no vibrations at all. i dunno if u guys really need em, depending on the wheel