HybridZ

Why are my rear tires moved forward?????

Wow, that does look really far forward...in fact the front wheels look too far back as well. The picture makes it look like the wheelbase is too short for the car.

Here's a pic I found on the internet with stock wheels

Datsun_240Z_1973_01.jpg

The rear wheel sits forward a little, but it doesn't look like it has as much space between the tire and the back of the wheel opening. As you can see the front wheel looks farther forward than in your pic as well.

I have tried searching this topic and no luck.... my rear tires in my 260z are not centered in the wheel opening (side view), they are too far forward. Is something bent in the rear suspension? Sorry if a stupid question, nubee.... Thanks!!!

280z8-web-top.jpg

That one freaked me out when I got my Z too. They all look like that, no clue why.

What really makes Rebird's look diffrerent is his front wheels. In all the other pictures the front wheels sit as far forward in the openings as the rear one's do. Rebird's front wheels look like they are sitting rearward in the openings.

maybe someone has put his front control arms in the wrong side...so the thick part of the bush is facing forwards, that or the tie rod has no bush fitted and its pulling the wheel back, I doubt it though.

Front wheels do look way too far back, rears look fine

after checking out some of your pics, i think it may be closer to normal than i first thought. since i just lowered my car, the wheels look a bit crooked... do i have to get camber plates to correct that or is there another fix? thanks again!!