HybridZ

350rwhp options with Turbo L28

Zlovemachine

Hello All,

I need some options to get me too 350rwhp on pump gas the cheapest.

Would only head work do it

Would only Stroker bottom end do it

Would only Stand alone do it

How about just a bigger turbo

would I have to mix and match 2 or 3 of these or do all four in order to achieve this type of horsepower.

Hello All' date='[/color']

I need some options to get me too 350rwhp on pump gas the cheapest.

A) Would only head work do it

B) Would only Stroker bottom end do it

C )Would only Stand alone do it

D) How about just a bigger turbo

would I have to mix and match 2 or 3 of these or do all four in order to achieve this type of horsepower.

Actually - it would be:

E) All of the above - and then some.:D

Seeing as garrett just made it to 418 without headwork with methanol injection I'd think mild headwork should allow you to get to 350 without the methanol. You definately need standalone or some DIY work converting over to Z31 efi with a modified ECU tune.

I personally wouldn't put that much power through a stock motor, but i'm paranoid about these things. I personally believe in the rule of thumb that if you want a 400hp engine to last 200k you need to build the bottom end for 800hp.

All this info and more is waiting for you in the search feature. The only motor with more info on this site is the SBC conversion, but rest assured there's lots of info on the L motors.

BTW, the stock turbo injectors are only good for around 255WHP using the stock FPR.

As I have said in the previous posts, you can get to 325WHP without any boring, stroking, or head work. This was at 13psi. So if you run 15-18psi, you might get the extra 50HP. All you need is an L28ET in good condition, a metal head gasket, fresh valve job and timing set if needed. That is it. The other stuff you will need:

- Engine managment

- T3/T4 turbo with stage 3 turbine and T04E housing

- Intercooler

- 380cc/min or bigger injectors

- Higher output fuel pump ( I like the MSD pumps, good for 500HP)

- 3" exhaust

- Time on the dyno

BTW' date=' the stock turbo injectors are only good for around 255WHP using the stock FPR.[/color']

As I have said in the previous posts, you can get to 325WHP without any boring, stroking, or head work. This was at 13psi. So if you run 15-18psi, you might get the extra 50HP. All you need is an L28ET in good condition, a metal head gasket, fresh valve job and timing set if needed. That is it. The other stuff you will need:

- Engine managment

- T3/T4 turbo with stage 3 turbine and T04E housing

- Intercooler

- 380cc/min or bigger injectors

- Higher output fuel pump ( I like the MSD pumps, good for 500HP)

- 3" exhaust

- Time on the dyno

Z-ya are you saying with the stock block I can achieve 325whp, but I would need everything listed above?

As of now I have:

- T3/T4 turbo with stage 3 turbine fitted in stock rear housing and T04E front housing

- Intercooler 12x24x3 (3†intercooler Piping)

- Higher output fuel pump (MSD pumps, good for 500HP)

- 3" exhaust (crush bend)

- RRFPR (able to rate fuel pressure)

- 3†Weber Throttlebody

- High compression pistions (stock Flat Tops)

How much more do i need to achieve numbers like the ones you said

personally believe in the rule of thumb that if you want a 400hp engine to last 200k you need to build the bottom end for 800hp.

According to the equation in Corky Bell's book to go from 400hp to 800hp increases the forces on piston/rod/crank by around 18-20%(I think that was for a V8). So you saying the rule of thumb is to build the bottom end about 20% stronger than you need? just razzin you

it's cool moby. I'm just stating that 'I' like to overbuild things as I stated. Why build a bottom end and then run it at 100%? Any motor that's reemed all the time will wear down quicker, especially if it's at it's limits.

If you simply overbuild and treat it nice a motor can widthstand high HP numbers for a long time wich means your investment lasts longer, thus actually saving you money in the end.

You are very funny NISMOPICK. I understand that already, but since I have a rise rate fuel regular and new injectors I might as well us them. I can easily raise fuel pressure and turn the stock injectors into 380cc injectors and keep the stock ECU. That way I can save a ton of money rather then on other set of injectors and stand alone a laptop, programmer and dyno time. This is an extremely large cost. I don't know about you but I can spend a ton of money like that. At the same time this would be a daily driver on pump gas! Z-ya do you have anything else to add, I trust you more than the nosepicker.

I would like to know what is wrong with nitrous ?.Done right a N20 system on a turbo motor can make seriously impressive horepower gains.A 120hp to the wheels shot turned into an over 200rwh shot on a turbo motor in my 10 sec street driven car.Plus you really can`t imagine how fast a turbo will spool with a shot of N20 until you experience it.

Nos = On or off power that runs out

Anyone who thinks nos is a reliable power source to depend on probly hasn't spent any time at the track ;)

Please don't take offtence tothis 510six, beucase I think nitrous is perfectly fine, it shoud just be used as a way to reach a desired HP.

Nope, the only nose I'll be picking is mine.

If you just increasing the flow rate of the injectors, and add an adjustable RR FPR, you can get a decent full power tune. Chances are though that your idle and cruising mixture will be off, so your drivability will suffer. Either way, you will need to pay for dyno time. Also, with the AFM still in there, I don't think you will get to the 325HP number.

The right way to do it is in my previous post.

Nos = On or off power that runs out

Anyone who thinks nos is a reliable power source to depend on probly hasn't spent any time at the track

Please don't take offtence tothis 510six' date=' beucase I think nitrous is perfectly fine, it shoud just be used as a way to reach a desired HP.[/color']

Please don't take offence to this Gollum, because I think NOS is a very reliable power source. Who cares if it is a on and off power that runs out, it’s sorta like gas but perfect to run a sleeper.

I think I just might go NOS, because it would be the perfect way to get rid of turbo lag indefinitely and Keep drivability. I think I even have a nos bottle laying around from my V8Z that I never got around to hooking up. Hey thanks for reminding me!!!