HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

well my 2+2 is just sitting outside my house for now. I had just replaced the airflow mass sensor. It was running good, not running as rich. Then a grinding noise, anyone know what to do when the crankshaft pulley for the alternator is lose, yet the ac pulley is still on tight?

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seats look good!!

Havent been diving my car much, started it up yesterday and there was blue smoke!! only about 5k miles on the engine, it cleared after awhile but still dont like smoke!

Starting to get a few bits together for a 3.1 stroker, probably be on the cards for next year

The lights is the latest thing I changed on the car

P5030123.jpg

seats look good!!

Havent been diving my car much, started it up yesterday and there was blue smoke!! only about 5k miles on the engine, it cleared after awhile but still dont like smoke!

Starting to get a few bits together for a 3.1 stroker, probably be on the cards for next year

The lights is the latest thing I changed on the car

P5030123.jpg

just noticed the chrome molding is gone on the windshield is that because its a different window seal? or am i just blind and cant see the inserts? lol

Oh yeah, something else that just poped into my head. I noticed in my parts catalog that there are 2 different seals for the fron window of the 2+2 and coupe version of the 280z. Are the windshields and glass different?

I know that the back glass is bigger. All of my seals are shot and cracked, any recommendations for a cheap fix for the front and rear window seals for the 2+2 besides silicon?

they are different in the front especially around the top corners of the windshield... i found out the hard and expensive way and now have to pull my windshield again...

Oh yeah, something else that just poped into my head. I noticed in my parts catalog that there are 2 different seals for the fron window of the 2+2 and coupe version of the 280z. Are the windshields and glass different?

I know that the back glass is bigger. All of my seals are shot and cracked, any recommendations for a cheap fix for the front and rear window seals for the 2+2 besides silicon?

Well looks like I'm a part of this crowd now too :)

Won't have the car in my hands for a few weeks but I feel attached already. Its a '74 260z with 139k on it, mild cam and head work, header and exhuast. Appearance stuff you can see, needs tires and a good detail as well as putting some interior stuff back together. :)

I'm going to try to get licence plates that say "Z PICKLE" my wife thought that up.

front1.jpg

rear.jpg

passangerside.jpg

Howdy all. Well we finaly had a rainy day on the vineyard and i had an excuse to work on the 2+2. I was setting up the suspension and ran into a couple of issuies. I have iluminas for a 240z. They fit the front with no mods whatso ever, However in the rear the seem to be coming up about 35 ml to short to fit in the housing. Is the 2+2 rear strut longer then the 2 seaters? I will be droping them of to the mashiist today for modification as the iluminas dont fit the camber plates as well. Pain in the arse.

Douglas

Well, in the spirit of 2+2's...

Progress continues on my 74 260 'stretch limo zed'. In a development that will come as a shock and surprise to all z owners, I have discovered MORE RUST behind the paint! The horror, the horror! Oh well, it keeps Hobart/Lincoln in business, right?

Drivers floorpan all done, pass 1/4 panel all done save a bit of putty work, pass dog leg done, battery tray area done, and pass floorpan nearing completion. Broke down and bought a flanger/puncher to make the panel repairs easier: will report out if it is a worthwhile tool to own.

Interior ready to roll: once the floorpan done I can do the RaMAAx and insulite and reinsall seats etc. Working to be able to drive it to the local all Nissan show on june 7th. Will be tight.......

will post pictures shortly on my build thread.

Yeah I havent been able to get any pictures since my car is up on jackstands in the garage. Although I assure you 2+2s look awesome if you think about how your modifying your car.

Take a look at jay28's car for inspiration. Its basically the exact same color as mine, we both have black trim, but I dont have ZG flares, and I have black wheels.

To make mine look better I shaved the parking lights off the sides, and welded the headlight buckets to the fenders. Makes a big difference, the car doesn't look as long anymore. I'm also going to graph in 240z turn signals into the MSA dam on the front.