HybridZ

Wtf Did I Race Tonight?!?!?!?

240ZR

Duke, the warranty follows the car, not the owner. If your warranty was voided by a previous owner, you buying the car doesn't change that. That's why you run a carfax report before you buy something that might be a concern.

I went to the beta motorsports website, and there was a 20b powered third gen RX-7, and a 13B powered RX-8, but no 20b powered RX-8...what gives?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke, the warranty follows the car, not the owner. If your warranty was voided by a previous owner, you buying the car doesn't change that. That's why you run a carfax report before you buy something that might be a concern.

I went to the beta motorsports website, and there was a 20b powered third gen RX-7, and a 13B powered RX-8, but no 20b powered RX-8...what gives?

Yup, this is exactly what Dodge's Guidance was when I inquired about installing a piggyback computer on my Cummins. They said it would void the warranty (Anything NOT specifically sold by Dodge) and that the void was linked to the VIN. If I sell the truck, the shmoe that buys it gets my bad decision...

Mike

Indeed an ugly challenge.

When one buys a tuned car, It's likely the seller is going to describe the mods in order to build value and get some return on the mods.

The scary part is that someone taking a car to a track and violating the warrenty is tough to catch - There is not physical change detectable by the buyer, and it is not likely that the warrnety service/car company is going to check registries until something goes wrong and that is after you've bought the car. Like wise Carfax.

So it's pretty concerning.

actually guys i think ur car only gets impounded if u are oficially "street racing". Meaning a gathering of cars intended to race. of course i could be wrong but ive been caught racing one on one and they didnt take my car. THey just game me a huge ticket.